CS

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19282930 ... LastLast
    Marksman

Silver Member

User Info Menu

They used us to set up a smokescreen for that stupid, redundant, and frivolous transgender ban. They tricked us with a bait and switch. We were led to believe that this session was mainly about the Second Amendment, but it was really about some nonsense.
    It really serves them right that the transgender bill failed today. They deserved that for deceiving us and back stabbing us yesterday.

User Info Menu

this state ****ing sucks. I am making it the rest of my life's endeavor to GTFO of here.

No sir, I ain't.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riverc View Post
    That's your opinion believe whatever you want.
    Data on violent crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I’m thinking that I misread your statement. Are you saying that people are safer now than any other time in our history? That’s what I read, but I’m sure I’m mistaken. Any chance you’d humor me with a clarification?
    We are safer now than in history. As far as our history, with the exception of our recent blip, violent crime has been on a downward trend.

Not saying don't carry. Not saying don't pay attention. Not saying it's ok to go to where there is unrest.

I just think that this "the world is going to hell" just isn't reality. People need to quit with the fear mongering news stations. They just write to scare you into spending more time watching or clicking.

Fox News is probably popular here. Go check out the headlines on the main page. Almost every bit of is written to scare the reader about something.

We got problems, no doubt. This pandemic is creating some unfortunate issues outside of getting sick. The world is still clicking along. I conversed with some nice folk today. The sky isn't falling.
    Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop.

No sir, I ain't.

User Info Menu

I will say that cities where serious Defund the Police and anti-leo sentiment are going to have problems.

I spent a couple of hours talking to an officer in the Chicago area and those areas will likely see problems.
    Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus McCrae View Post
    I will say that cities where serious Defund the Police and anti-leo sentiment are going to have problems.

I spent a couple of hours talking to an officer in the Chicago area and those areas will likely see problems.
    You mean their problems have room to get worse? Yikes...
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

No sir, I ain't.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KDerekT83 View Post
    You mean their problems have room to get worse? Yikes...
    I was there for six weeks on a job. Not a problem while there. Yeah, it can get worse.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Half of Baton Rouge’s shootings aren’t reported in the news because these teens usually wound their enemies. If you don’t think it’s a war zone out there then you are blind. Things have gotten worse. All these Instagram beefs between small time rap groups that are intermingled in drug dealing leads to violence. There’s even a subreddit on Reddit that follows it called *dadumbway*. More Law abiding folk should be able to protect themselves. Hell if ya don’t need an ID for the 24th/26th amendment why do you need one for the 2nd these days

Don’t troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus McCrae View Post
    Data on violent crime.

We are safer now than in history. As far as our history, with the exception of our recent blip, violent crime has been on a downward trend.

Not saying don't carry. Not saying don't pay attention. Not saying it's ok to go to where there is unrest.

I just think that this "the world is going to hell" just isn't reality. People need to quit with the fear mongering news stations. They just write to scare you into spending more time watching or clicking.

Fox News is probably popular here. Go check out the headlines on the main page. Almost every bit of is written to scare the reader about something.

We got problems, no doubt. This pandemic is creating some unfortunate issues outside of getting sick. The world is still clicking along. I conversed with some nice folk today. The sky isn't falling.
    Well, I commend you for your positive outlook.
    To say that violent crimes are on a downward trend doesn’t exactly mean less than in our history and it doesn’t exactly take into account the nature of violent crimes, such as home invasions, car jackings, or just plain old stick up/armed robbery, aggravated assault/assault with deadly weapon, etc.
    I had a similar discussion in mixed company recently and heard a few arguments but nothing that supported us being safer. The increased number of cameras everywhere came up and was pretty weak as a deterrent as well as not really making anyone safer as much as helping solve crimes after the fact. Baton Rouge outran NOLA in homicides last year while setting a record. Technically you could say that the crimes I’m referencing are just a local thing and don’t affect the big picture. I’m not talking about falling skies or chicken little, but I don’t agree that we are any safer than any time in our history. It’s one thing to follow a set of statistics and say that crime is down, and another when you consider how bold some of the criminals are now, invading a home in broad daylight, for instance.
    Ever hear anybody talk about how they used to leave their doors unlocked? I don’t know anyone who does that now. I’m pretty sure there are legitimate reasons for that.
    I really don’t want to come off as fear mongering but I can’t ignore the times we live in and we are definitely not any safer.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 323MAR View Post
    They used us to set up a smokescreen for that stupid, redundant, and frivolous transgender ban. They tricked us with a bait and switch. We were led to believe that this session was mainly about the Second Amendment, but it was really about some nonsense.
    It really serves them right that the transgender bill failed today. They deserved that for deceiving us and back stabbing us yesterday.
    If I were a republican state legislator "anywhere" in the US where we were the majority party but the governor was a democrat, and my Speaker or President or party leader told me we were going to try to force a veto session; I would ask right up front:

"Do we need ANY democrats on board to override the veto?"

If he/she said, "Yes!"

I'd say, "Get out of my face! Even if it's only one, I'm not even wasting my time!"

Sadly, the democrats that left these republicans holding the bag will not be adversely affected for it, because they all get elected in districts that are chocker-block full of morons! I try my best to not be so personal when it comes to politics, but if you identify yourself as a democrat, and you believe the shit they do is noble, you are part of the problem!

Got to hand it to Edwards, not only did he know damn good and well that ALL the democrats would run to his aid like mesmerized rats, but he would pick off some phony republicans too! He is the happiest governor in the country right now.
    Last edited by Emperor; July 22nd, 2021 at 07:32 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    January 20, 2021 : "Democrats! You can now resume, making America SHIT again!"

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3

User Info Menu

The Republicans by not hanging together, gave Edwards a major boost in power. The place this should concern us is in connection with redistricting. Frankly, this all started with the Speaker of the House election. There is no way, Democrats should be able to elect a speaker in a near supermajority Republican controlled House. There is some political payback coming. If anyone is interested in being part of it rather than sitting around bitching, join LSA or at least join their FaceBook page is you are too cheap for the $15 membership dues.

Dan

PS HB124 turned your CHP into a concealed weapons permit. You are welcome.
    SUPPORT THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
    JOIN THE LOUISIANA SHOOTING ASSOCIATION

www.louisianashooting.com