Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Shooting at Liberty Arsenal in Pineville..

Does anyone local in Pineville/ALX have more info on the Friday shooting that left 1 dead, 1 wounded?

I've done business there, and know the owner, but it doesn't sound good from what I've heard so far.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

All Iíve heard is the owner was killed and his brother (the other victim) is currently in the ICU. Apparently the guys came in the door blazing, no further details on motive or suspect Iíve seen. Terrible situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marksman

User Info Menu

Found this with a google search using the title of this tread.

https://www.thetowntalk.com/story/ne...op/4995691001/

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Info on the suspects...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On Target

User Info Menu

Nothing was taken.

David Paul was killed and his brother Michael is in ICU, but stable at the moment.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Fish View Post
    Nothing was taken.

David Paul was killed and his brother Michael is in ICU, but stable at the moment.
    Makes me wonder if nothing was taken, why the shooting?

LEO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iomg8 View Post
    Makes me wonder if nothing was taken, why the shooting?
    Well, it doesn't say specifics in the news, but I'd imagine that the perps took some return fire coming their way. Even if the store owners took the worst of it, it doesn't mean that the perps weren't held back enough to thwart their likely intent to rob the place of expensive NFA firearms and suppressors, which it says the store specialized in. Maybe, just maybe, that second perp is somewhere bleeding out and regretting his life choices.

User Info Menu

I visited Alexandria once, and was pleasantly surprised that Liberty was there - I chatted with the owners for an hour while buying a ww2 rifle. The two of them were jovial, conversational, and warm - everything you'd want while investing in your hobby. That really sucks.

On Target

User Info Menu

One shooter, Dixon, turned himself in to RPSO yesterday 5:30pm.

On Target

User Info Menu

I've done business there; nice place. David always had interesting stuff and I thought was always fair. I've worked with his wife for several years, all around good people.

Word from a RPSO deputy is it was a revenge shooting which sounds plausible as robbery of a gun store with cameras and armed workers and good traffic at that time of day and a lot of LEO and NG customers seems stupid even for these two. Unofficial story so far: The POSs came in earlier that morning to try to purchase, I assume, a gun and they were turned away; as you would expect 2 convicted felons to be by all honest shops. IDK how that part unfolded. The POSs returned later and must have hit the door firing as the owner was hit multiple times. He had no chance, that's all I'll say. His computer and desk was right at the front door. The second person usually is somewhere inside the shop or back table; he too was struck, IDK where and how many times, but he's alive in ICU and under guard by RPSO until the second POS is caught.

It's all on camera. So the POS that turned himself in, already lawyered up, claim to fame is he was only the driver... he's going to be singing like a canary I just hope the judge still turns him every which way but loose. He's already been slapped on the wrist and well, you see the results. The other POS I'm sure is hiding; this was premediated and targeted and he should fry ASAP.
    Last edited by Kurt D; May 10th, 2021 at 04:47 PM.