Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter

User Info Menu

I found that headphones were a must have when I was in the hobby. It helps you pick up the signals better.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WhereIsIt? View Post
    Academy has bounty hunters in stock... 3 different models. The reviews seem to be ok and all with the understanding its for a beginner or kids. I really need this to be simple enough for him to use and not get me involved. That sounds a bit rough but I do everything else with him... Some things kids just gotta do on their own.

This one is $99 and is analog.
    https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bou...ldCatid=119032

$149
    https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bou...ildCatid=91710

$179 and comes with headphones.. Not sure how important headphones are.
    https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bou...ildCatid=91708
    The one I sent the link for is the best one for a beginner in my opinion and it could potentially carry him for years if he becomes an avid hunter. He could literally be locating finds in minutes. I do not recommend analog for a beginner, although I prefer it.
    Headphones are a must for the sneak and for otherwise loud environments like beaches. Most detectors have a jack for headphones. Literally all Iíve ever seen have a headphone jack.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    The one I sent the link for is the best one for a beginner in my opinion and it could potentially carry him for years if he becomes an avid hunter. He could literally be locating finds in minutes. I do not recommend analog for a beginner, although I prefer it.
    Headphones are a must for the sneak and for otherwise loud environments like beaches. Most detectors have a jack for headphones. Literally all I’ve ever seen have a headphone jack.
    Okay Ill give that one a try. Ordering it now. He has a pretty good set of headphones he uses for his xbox and online classes. I just have to get a 1/4 jack adapter for it. I also have my old E tool from when i was in the reserves that he can use to dig with. That should do him fine and if he wants anything else he has his own money for upgrades.lol.

Shooter

User Info Menu

A small gardening shovel is all he needs and a 6" flat screwdriver for probing.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WhereIsIt? View Post
    Okay Ill give that one a try. Ordering it now. He has a pretty good set of headphones he uses for his xbox and online classes. I just have to get a 1/4 jack adapter for it. I also have my old E tool from when i was in the reserves that he can use to dig with. That should do him fine and if he wants anything else he has his own money for upgrades.lol.
    There you go. My favorite probing tool is a makeshift ice pick using a shank of stainless car antenna and a wood dowel. Round off the end so you won’t damage finds. I have a larger wood handle garden trowel by True Value that has been my divot tool for years.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...