Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast
    Pops

User Info Menu

Zero turn mowers

Who's got one? Let me here the likes, dislikes and recommendations. I'm looking at buying one and want some input on the good, bad and ugly.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have a Kubota. I looked at most all of them before deciding to buy the Kubota. Kubota also offers 0% interest for the life of the loan if you finance it.
    SASS #84934

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Bad Boy . Kohler engine . 3 yrs trouble free .
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Stick with a Kohler engine.

Iím partial to Cub Cadet for personal use.

Iím close to five years without an issue. Routine maintenance is simple.
    Last edited by DAVE_M; May 24th, 2021 at 12:19 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Wanted the Kubota Diesel model, they just got too proud for the price in my mind.
    Went looking at other brands and came to the decision to buy a John Deere zero turn.
    Reason for this was the construction of the body being much better and the deck is made much better / thicker metals.
    Great warranty on the machine, reputation is solid, Performance is great and the dealer was super knowledgeable on their products.
    Was sitting between two models both at good price points. Thought of going with the slightly smaller less expensive model and with two acres of land was told that going with the larger one would be a better choice for durability as the smaller one was for 1 acre or less more of a home model where as the larger one was stepping up closer to commercial.

Not a single regret or issue in two years with 60 hours on the machine.
    There is a difference in small yard residential, large yard residential and Commercial use machines.
    Do not bury me with flowers.. Instead bury me with the empty cases I defended my rights with !

Wealthy women wanted

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Scag is widely considered the best in the landscaping industry. Now they do not make residential mowers but their smaller commercial ones are still better than other manufacturers residential mowers.
    However, JD, gravely, exmark make good mowers too.
    Whatever you get it needs to be stored out of the weather or you will have problems down the road.

In the landscaping world Bad boy mowers are widely considered to be garbage.

Pops

User Info Menu

Thanks for info so far. I forgot to mention this will be for my personal residential mowing, around an acre of grass.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have a bad boy that has been mowing 5 acres for quite a few years. It will chew through anything. Just sharpen the blades, change the oil and keep it lubed. Although for just an acre a zero-turn seems like overkill a good lawn tractor will do it the same for way cheaper.

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

One acre . Forget the high dollar machines like Scag . Too expensive to buy and the cost of parts is exorbitant . Landscaping guys tend to be mower snobs ..
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .

User Info Menu

Trust me, the Kohler brand is your go-to guy, they're a hundred percent durable.Been using mine for about two and a half years now