Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Anybody remember the old Delta Rifle Range in Jefferson Parish (Barataria)?

    Back in the 1970's my dad was a member of a rifle range in Jefferson Parish, Delta was the name of it, somewhere out in Barataria I think. I went out there several times with him to sight in deer rifles etc. I remember the range had a pistol and a rifle side and the rifle side went out to 200 yards.
    My question is, where was the range located? I don't remember the exact location and I'm sure it's all changed out there now. It's got me puzzled and I figured maybe somebody on here remembers the place.
    Thanks for any info.

  2. #2
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Google isn't finding anything, I wonder if it closed before the Internet was born?

  3. #3
    Marksman

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    I believe the place you’re thinking of was in Lafitte. I don’t know this from personal experience, I’ve just heard many stories of the place.
    Formerly known as "Stephen WhoDat"
    God Bless Our Troops!

  4. #4
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalVendor View Post
    I believe the place you’re thinking of was in Lafitte. I don’t know this from personal experience, I’ve just heard many stories of the place.
    I believe you're correct about Lafitte now that I think about it. I'm sure it closed down 30+ years ago.
    I remember it was a nice range. Well run, clean with covered concrete benches and storage sheds. Dad worked on the westbank and I remember he and I going out there a couple times on weekdays. Had the whole range to ourselves. I do remember the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office also used the range, so it was subject to closing when they trained there.

  5. #5
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Barataria Blvd. on the way to Crown Point / Lafitte.

    It was on the west side of Barataria some where in this stretch
    https://www.google.com/maps/@29.8286.../data=!3m1!1e3

  6. #6
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    your talking about bayou dragon it’s still up and running and newly refurbished. At one point it was called delta weapon works.

    7625 Barataria Blvd, Marrero, LA 70072
    Last edited by Jstudz220; June 2nd, 2021 at 09:49 PM.

  7. #7
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Request Dust Off View Post
    Barataria Blvd. on the way to Crown Point / Lafitte.

    It was on the west side of Barataria some where in this stretch
    https://www.google.com/maps/@29.8286.../data=!3m1!1e3
    Thanks. That looks like around where I was thinking of. I was too young to drive when I'd go out there with dad so that makes a bit difficult for me to place it exactly.

  8. #8
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    I remember having gone there back in the 70's with a friend who was a member. I seem to remember that there were two separate ranges, the one on the left was Delta, and the one on the right was used by the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.
    Last edited by La26; June 4th, 2021 at 06:56 AM.

  9. #9
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by La26 View Post
    I remember having gone there back in the 70's with a friend who was a member. I seem to remember that there were two separate ranges, the one on the left was Delta, and the one on the right was used by the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.
    Yes, I believe you are correct. I have a recollection of that type of setup there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •