Meplat

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast
    Hobbyist

User Info Menu

I'm agreeing with Xeon big time here... If we as citizens are supposed to be able and willing to overthrow a tyrannical government, how are we supposed to be able to do it with sub par weapons. Lol.. we should have access to all the same shit the government/military does. Within our personal financial means at least. Lol

I.E. if Xeon, or Magdump or whoever on here has a few million dollars burning a whole in their pocket, they should be able to buy a Abrams M1 if they choose. Hell, If I can afford it, I should be able to pay for personal training and buy a F18 Hornet. Lol... I get this is a little outlandish but the point is made.
    Last edited by KDerekT83; September 20th, 2021 at 09:48 AM.
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

People do own their own fighter jets. Mostly Migs sold on the surplus market.

The Taliban won using worn out 50 year old AK's that were effectively smooth bores, they're so worn out.

We don't need tanks, or jets. We need will power. Conviction. Dedication.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Hobbyist

User Info Menu

Good point. I guess the more I think about it, the more I realize.
    There are way more well trained citizens that will stand up to the government than there are people willing to defend the government. At least when you consider everything from your average hunter to combat veterans, to active&former Leo, and even just the strong willed.

not to mention, the weapons we do have vastly out number what the government has. Lots of people like to build their own explosives at home , and who knows truly what weapons we really have on the streets and hidden away around this country.
    Last edited by KDerekT83; September 20th, 2021 at 04:19 PM.
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    Ayn Rand reference
    From her book then, Atlas Shrugged. I thought you were actually asking who John Galt was, lol. The Mark Levin collection might interest you, but itís not fictional.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

certified gun nut

User Info Menu

Looks like it's gonna be a while before we hear anything

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/do...ce-regulation/
    Last edited by SwampyDog; September 22nd, 2021 at 12:58 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    People do own their own fighter jets. Mostly Migs sold on the surplus market.

The Taliban won using worn out 50 year old AK's that were effectively smooth bores, they're so worn out.

We don't need tanks, or jets. We need will power. Conviction. Dedication.
    Thats kind of misleading. They didn’t exactly win our leadership decided to pull out in the worst way possible. They are now carrying the weapons we gifted them.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KDerekT83 View Post
    I'm agreeing with Xeon big time here... If we as citizens are supposed to be able and willing to overthrow a tyrannical government, how are we supposed to be able to do it with sub par weapons. Lol.. we should have access to all the same shit the government/military does. Within our personal financial means at least. Lol

I.E. if Xeon, or Magdump or whoever on here has a few million dollars burning a whole in their pocket, they should be able to buy a Abrams M1 if they choose. Hell, If I can afford it, I should be able to pay for personal training and buy a F18 Hornet. Lol... I get this is a little outlandish but the point is made.
    Im not sure if this was your experience but we wouldn’t be fighting a war with our current military. We often had conversations about this exact topic. The vast majority would join arms with patriots.

When I was active the navy gave us a survey to fill out. It was a handful of questions such as * If given orders to do so would you fire at civilians?*
    * If given the orders to do so would you confiscate property from civilians?* It was about 3 or 4 different questions and most of the same questions just worded differently.

The vast majority of personal answered no. It was something in the 90 percentile. The same test was given to local LE and the answers given were the exact opposite. If something like a war between the government and the citizens happens it would be Law Enforcement we the people would be fighting. I’m sure some military personnel would stay just like some cops would join arms with patriots.
    Last edited by Jstudz220; September 22nd, 2021 at 01:37 PM.

Marksman
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jstudz220 View Post
    Im not sure if this was your experience but we wouldn’t be fighting a war with our current military. We often had conversations about this exact topic. The vast majority would join arms with patriots.

When I was active the navy gave us a survey to fill out. It was a handful of questions such as * If given orders to do so would you fire at civilians?*
    * If given the orders to do so would you confiscate property from civilians?* It was about 3 or 4 different questions and most of the same questions just worded differently.

The vast majority of personal answered no. It was something in the 90 percentile. The same test was given to local LE and the answers given were the exact opposite. If something like a war between the government and the citizens happens it would be Law Enforcement we the people would be fighting. I’m sure some military personnel would stay just like some cops would join arms with patriots.
    Can you give some data on that test, or cite the work ?
    Thats a very bold statement to make that 90% of cops asked would fire on civilians, and take their property. You sure you want to stick to that claim ? Feel free to back that up with some actual facts, or cite the specifics of the testing ?

If your reply is about to be "it was a long time ago" "The test was classified" "I don't have any specifics other than what I heard"....Then spare us.
    Advanced Laser Engraving of Louisiana
    sales@advancedlaseroflouisiana.com
    Instagram - advancedlaser_of_la

Hobbyist

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jstudz220 View Post

I think I do remember being asked this while enlisted.

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KDerekT83 View Post
    I think I do remember being asked this while enlisted.
    The survey was widely publicized and I’ve had 2 active servicemen recite several of the questions. I’m curious to know how many LEO’s answered yes to any sort of survey in that realm, but I’m betting not many here in the south. Maybe a bunch in Indiana, New York, Commiefornia, and a bunch of other blue states, as well as pretty much any federal employee with a gun would say yes. I’m pretty sure LEO’s who live here would honor their oath to uphold constitutional laws if it comes to any threat of a Federal takeover unless they’re planning on boogalooing it on out of town with their family in tow.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...