Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LSP Instructor #2119

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    My G19.5 will shoot wolf and Winchester steel with zero issues as long as I use factory glock mags. Magpul mags will choke on steel every time. For me anyways
    Yeah, the issue with Winchester steel for me, as best as I can diagnose, is that it jams up inside steel magazines because of the unlaquered casings.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by southerncanuck View Post
    Yeah, the issue with Winchester steel for me, as best as I can diagnose, is that it jams up inside steel magazines because of the unlaquered casings.
    when I first bought a case of Winchester steel it had almost a phosphate feel to the finish. It was very rough and I suspect it was causing drag in the polymer mag. The second case I bought was smoother but I only shot it through factory mags with zero issues. 500/500 fired, ejected, and chambered just fine. Never bought it again. That’s when it was $80/500 at academy.

On Target

User Info Menu

Am. Eagle for AR 5.56/223. Only because my weapons like it compared to others I have tried.
    Roll my own pistol. Will buy cheapest available, otherwise
    American Gunner for 380 defense.
    7.62 NATO because I have stocked deep.
    30/06 HXP Greek, also stocked.
    I have broken extractors on a 1911 & 1927A1 with steel. Com Bloc weapons only.
    Last edited by oneshy; June 12th, 2021 at 04:07 AM.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Still shooting Lake City surplus 5.56 from the 80’s but for trouble free and clean burning my other picks are PPU, Federal Independence and I recently started shooting some Danish 5.56 I bought super cheap years ago and it’s great too.

7.62x51, again, older LC that was a deal years ago.

9mm favorite range ammo is Blazer Aluminum case! I’ve been shooting that stuff since the 90’s and it’s never disappointed. It feeds better than any ammo I’ve ever shot and is extremely easy to strip from the mag. The cases are super slick. Same for 40 S and W. I still have 50 round boxes of 44 mag 240gr HP with $15.99 price tags from the old Sports Unlimited store that shoot great. Aluminum cased is also fantastic for when picking up brass is either too burdensome (outdoor rough terrain) or not allowed (range rules).

.22LR CCI has something to cover nearly every type of shooting I wanna do with a 22.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...