Meplat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LSP Instructor #2119

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Some gun belts, and why you need one.

For anyone new to the carry game, let's start with why you need a gun belt. Yes, they're $50+; No, your regular belt isn't just as good. Here's why... A good gun belt supports the weight of a loaded firearm and distributes it better around your waist. This makes wearing a gun more comfortable and more concealable. A belt, ideally, should be laterally pliable but vertically rigid (it should loop, but not sag).

All pictures below are shown with a P365xl loaded with 13 rounds of HST 147gr in a Vedder Lighttuck, at a relatively modest carry weight of 1lb 13.2oz

Here are two extremes to highlight the difference: A regular top-grain* "jeans belt" vs a reinforced competition outer belt. The difference is fairly self-explanatory...

regular jeans belt

midway competition outer belt

Safe assume nobody's walking around in a match rig, so here are some examples of popular not-too-expensive gun belts. My photography isn't very good, but I hope this gives the general gist.

hank's gunner

blue alpha gear low-profile edc

blue alpha gear hybrid

nexbelt guardian (kydex reinforced)

The Nexbelt is the newest to me, but I can already tell that my dearly beloved and well-worn BAGs aren't going to get nearly much rotation as they used to. A reinforced core, even a thin kydex one, makes a heck of a difference.

Caveat: I carry strongside, so if there are any beltular nuances for appendix carry, someone please chime in and correct me on anything.

*If you're buying a leather belt, buy only "top grain" or "full grain" -- those are literal slices of cow skin. Anything that says "bonded leather" or "genuine leather" is basically leather particleboard (leather shavings + glue) that'll crack and wear out very quickly.

Marksman

User Info Menu

One does not need a belt for their holster if they are pocket carrying!
    Last edited by flyboy; June 12th, 2021 at 05:35 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Or boob holster!
    [IMG]URL=https://www.bayoushooter.com/upload/viewer.php?file=zar0je3v49ij0zfbh5xn.jpg]

Marksman

User Info Menu

I use a nexbelt as well. I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I absolutely love my Hank’s Belt. I’ve worn it damn near every day for about 7 years now and it pretty much still looks brand new. Quality stuff.
    Formerly known as "Stephen WhoDat"
    God Bless Our Troops!

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I like my Hanks Bullhide Belts.

Louisiana Sportsman

User Info Menu

Just purchased a Kore belt and I wish I would’ve done this years ago! Amazing belt!

T-Rigger

Premium Member

User Info Menu

A picture's worth a thousand words. Thanks.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Wilderness Tactical 1.75" 5 stitch for me....good stuff.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Old School

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JMAN1911 View Post
    Just purchased a Kore belt and I wish I would’ve done this years ago! Amazing belt!
    Yes! I concur, KORE!!
    "How did you learn to shoot like that!!??....."Practice!!"

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Final. You Must Learn to be Slow in a Hurry"......Wyatt Earp