Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

How much thicker is the Nexgear vs the BlueAlpha?
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Cryptocurrency? Free $25 for giving it a shot! (Click Here)

Marksman

User Info Menu

I got a 511 belt and that did well with my 43x but the p10c it didn't hold up well at all. I now have a bigfoot steel core belt and it's a game changer.

LSP Instructor #2119

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    How much thicker is the Nexbelt vs the BlueAlpha?
    Marginally thinner, actually:
    • BAG EDC: 0.163"
    • BAG Hybrid: 0.159"
    • Nexbelt Guardian: 0.153"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yes this has been on my list for a while, thanks for reminding me. My shitty dress belts or casual belts always sag and cause pain after a while when carrying my full size, especially if I'm hunting and have a BUG as well as a knife on there.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Most of the time I do not belt carry, but still wear a Beltman horse hide gun belt everyday (stiff enough without a liner). Once you get used to wearing a gun belt, it just feels odd wearing a normal, flimsy one. I'd recommend a nice leather one that can be worn on occasions when you need to tuck in your shirt and can easily be taken on/off.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I’m sold on the Nexbelt, does anyone locally stock these in BR or Nola area?

User Info Menu

I have the WPS Appendix carry Nexbelt and like it so far. I also have a regular Nextbelt, but the buckle was too wide to use my sidecar rig, so it's just a jeans belt now. My only complaint is the buckle thickness. I wish it was about 1/4" less. I also have some 10 year old 5.11 instructor belts that hold up my 43x and 48 just fine and aren't super stiff like the Nexbelts.

Marksman

User Info Menu

ordered one last week, should be in tomm... i got it mostly to try appendix carry and got the appendix carry one, they have 10% off on there site plus free shipping... I like the idea of being able to loosen/tighten with 2 hands and not lifting your shirt and pulling the tail out.. Will make it nice on long travels to just loosen it up a notch or 2 for the ride and able to push it back in a notch or 2 when you get outta the car and tighten it back up

Guns are my crack!!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I've been using Kore belts for a while now and by far is my favorites.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I carry a gun because I'm too old for an ass whoopin', and too young to die!

USPSA # FY-55195
    NRA # 138603535

Professional Amateur

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I bought a SOE EDC Belt (Cobra buckle) about 6 years ago- and so far, I can't wear it out. I believe you could use this thing as a tow strap accessory- it's tough.
    Sam
    Central/Pride, Evil Black Rifle Parish(EBR), LA

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’"
    -Col. Jeff Cooper