Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    LSP Instructor #2119

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Why do you have multiple Glocks if you don't like them?

Dave covered most of the important stuff already here.

Really, what any of us think really doesn't make a difference, it's ultimately how it feels to you. Muzzle flip is related to skill level. "Almost perfect" or "crappy" are completely subjective.

Any gun from a major manufacturer these days is going to have zillions of upgrades and holsters available. It's kindof a glock-blooded boomer talking point that's not really very relevant in today's market, so don't let that steer you down any particular path. There are at least a dozen high-quality pistols in this size/capacity category, and it's really just up to what feels good to you.

I carry the P365xl and it's a remarkable feat of engineering. I personally find the narrow grip and 16º angle awkward and hard to fall in love with, but if you're used to a 1911 the grip angle will probably feel quite natural. The trigger on the P365xl is decidedly not crappy: it goes bang 100% of the time, which means it's a great trigger. It certainly does't feel like a tuned 1911 or CZ Shadow, and I wouldn't call it refined or crisp by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a plastic striker gun... it is what it is. It's a specific tool for a specific job, and that's to keep you alive when you're about to get dead.

If I was going to start from scratch shopping for a carry gun today, I'd probably lean toward the 4" Shield Plus, but plenty to choose from... VP9, P10c, P-07, P320c, APX, TP9sc, 509, M&P subcompact, or whatever ruger and springfield make these days. I'd say best bet would just be to go fondle as many as possible and see what speaks to you.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by southerncanuck View Post
    Why do you have multiple Glocks if you don't like them? :confused
    LOL!
    referring to my post I assume- that is a good question. I said I like the Sig better - I do like my Glock 20 that I milled the slide for an RMR - but to answer the question I just hate selling stuff. You usually lose money and sometimes regret doing it. I have a 27 I should sell but no rush…
    I do love my 365xl though.

LSP Instructor #2119

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bmash View Post
    LOL! referring to my post I assume- that is a good question.
    haha!! I meant John the OP since he said "Not particularly a Glock fan" but then said he owns a 34 and a 40... but you too!! Damn Glock marketing department brainwashing everyone LOL

Marksman

User Info Menu

Lots of good info folks, thanks. I think next steps will be to try to get hands on the 365 and maybe a G48, and factor that experience in to see what it adds. Like Bmash, I hate to sell stuff so I think long and hard before I buy stuff. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I think that's the fun of it.

Lol. I didn't say I hated Glocks, just not a particular fan. If I was LEO or military I'd probably be more drawn to them. I got the Glock long slides for the sight radius and that does help me for shooting at targets and steel. Funny thing is I shot an early gen G17 and hated it. The G34 gen 5 is not so bad for me.
    Sara mo ki kara ochiru

On Target

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Glock 48 MOS with metal mag release (Tyrant or Shield Arms) with the 15 round Shield Arms mags is the way to go. Super slim but more accurate than the 43X.
    if you want to find out who rules over you give Mel Gibson 3 beers.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hoping to get to FRC this week and rent a 365xl and G48. May also try the PPQ again. It's been a while since I've shot one.
    Sara mo ki kara ochiru

Marksman

User Info Menu

It has been 20+ years since I have handled a Glock and did not care for it back then. I do have a Sig P365MS model, and have added a XL grip module as I found I liked the larger grip and capacity, along with an XL slide and barrel, what can I say, I like to play with them. I have a Holoson 507k red dot and like the set up, although that makes it a bit large and awkward for pocket carry. I did install a Gray Guns straight trigger and a m carbo spring kit and only have two other micro guns to compare it to, those being a Sig P238 and a P938, both being basically micro 1911 guns, both with very good triggers, but honestly the P365 seems to have a better trigger and I can shoot it more accurately. I had tried a couple of striker fired guns 25-30 years ago and found them sorely lacking in triggers and accuracy and was very pleased with the little Sig.

Marksman

User Info Menu

The G45 is a nice option. You still get the “compact” length of the G19, but additional purchase on the full size grip and increased capacity over the G19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jkingrph View Post
    It has been 20+ years since I have handled a Glock and did not care for it back then. I do have a Sig P365MS model, and have added a XL grip module as I found I liked the larger grip and capacity, along with an XL slide and barrel, what can I say, I like to play with them. I have a Holoson 507k red dot and like the set up, although that makes it a bit large and awkward for pocket carry. I did install a Gray Guns straight trigger and a m carbo spring kit and only have two other micro guns to compare it to, those being a Sig P238 and a P938, both being basically micro 1911 guns, both with very good triggers, but honestly the P365 seems to have a better trigger and I can shoot it more accurately. I had tried a couple of striker fired guns 25-30 years ago and found them sorely lacking in triggers and accuracy and was very pleased with the little Sig.
    You can modify a Glock trigger as you modified the P365 trigger.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snipehunter7 View Post
    The G45 is a nice option. You still get the *compact* length of the G19, but additional purchase on the full size grip and increased capacity over the G19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The full size Glock grip on the G45 is much larger than the others being discussed.