La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Missouri Law Overrules Federal Gun Laws.

On Monday, Missouri Gov. Mike Parson signed into law House Bill 85, allowing state gun laws to overrule federal gun laws and making law enforcement liable if an officer violates an Americans’ constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

“HB 85 puts those in Washington D.C. on notice that here in Missouri we support responsible, law-abiding gun owners, and that we oppose government overreach and any unlawful efforts to limit our access to firearms,” Gov. Parson said in a statement.

Under the new law, law enforcement agencies who knowingly enforce federal gun laws in Missouri could face litigation and be fined up to $50,000 per violating officer.

“Throughout my law enforcement career and now as Governor of the state of Missouri, I have and always will stand for the Constitution and our Second Amendment rights,” Parson continued. “This legislation today draws a line in the sand and demonstrates our commitment to reject any attempt by the federal government to circumvent the fundamental right Missourians have to keep and bear arms to protect themselves and their property.”

Sponsore their jobs as leaders seriously and pass real solutions to crime in our state.”

Earlier this year, Missouri state senators also discussed legislation that would allow the creation of Missouri Minutemen, a group of legal gun owners who could be called to action by the governor.
    S.B. 258 would establish “that there shall be the minutemen of the state which shall be called into service by the governor for use in defense during a state of emergency with consent of two-thirds of the General Assembly.”
    According to the legislation, any legal Missouri resident who is legally able to own a firearm will be allowed to voluntarily join the minutemen through the Department of Public Safety.

Don’t troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Well the feds don’t want another civil war.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Wish this would have made it to Edwards’ desk here. The Senate sent it to die in Committee after the House passed it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Horrible View Post
    Wish this would have made it to Edwards’ desk here. The Senate sent it to die in Committee after the House passed it.
    Keep working on it , 20 years ago Missouri was very unfriendly towards gun owners .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

I’d say, if you lived in Missouri and bought a suppressor without the stamp, you don’t need to worry about local LE coming to get you….just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

They’re pushing that in TX for in-state manufacturers of class 2 NFA items to exempt them from federal purview. It’ll get tied up in Supreme Court, or fed will start pulling their highway funding to starve them out like they did to WV and LA when those states wouldn’t raise the drinking age to 21 back in the 70s and 80s. Suspect this is going to get pushed the same as the immigration and marijuana laws where states start ignoring the fed and telling them what they will/won’t enforce. It works til the purse strings get cinched shut...

Course in a perfect world, the fed wouldn’t be able to tell us what items we could and couldn’t own. But in a perfect world, we wouldn’t be so crammed together that we can’t help but run into self-absorbed a-holes who ruin it for the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk