Meplat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    Monolithic Mentor

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I think I know what the driving force is behind the gun toting critics of this bill. I’d be willing to bet that some are opposed because they’re tied into the permit process in some way, either making money teaching CHP classes or what have you, in which case they see it as a threat to their capitalizing on current laws. Money out of their pocket. Others are current CHP holders who may feel cheated if they’ve spent time and money to concealed carry and suddenly any law abiding citizen who is able may do the same without having paid fees and spent time training and jumping through hoops and waiting. I am and you may also be amazed that any 2A supporting gun owner would be so childishly begrudging but I’ve heard these arguments and the ‘don’t want no untrained, irresponsible gun toting people walking around in my public space’ folks go on for ages. (Sounds like sour grapes to me…actually more like little Tommy whining: how come they get to play for free when I had to pay?) That’s not a realistic argument in my opinion because:
    1. You may as well include people with a drivers license and a car as well.
    2. Anyone legally able to own a handgun can already open carry, have one in their car, on their property, etc.
    3. Criminals don’t care about current law and will carry when they feel like it, so, given the fact that you’re bumping shoulders with gun toting criminals on the street, who would you rather be carrying a handgun?
    In my opinion, you either support the 2nd amendment or you don’t. Whining about the average law abiding citizen having the right to concealed carry without having to put in the same amount of work and money is not supporting 2A. Openly opposing a law that supports the 2nd amendment because you’re afraid it will negate the need for your services and keep you from making money is not supporting 2A.
    If someone has a more accurate explanation I’d like to hear it.
    Ed Zachary

  2. #12
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I think I know what the driving force is behind the gun toting critics of this bill. I’d be willing to bet that some are opposed because they’re tied into the permit process in some way, either making money teaching CHP classes or what have you, in which case they see it as a threat to their capitalizing on current laws. Money out of their pocket. Others are current CHP holders who may feel cheated if they’ve spent time and money to concealed carry and suddenly any law abiding citizen who is able may do the same without having paid fees and spent time training and jumping through hoops and waiting. I am and you may also be amazed that any 2A supporting gun owner would be so childishly begrudging but I’ve heard these arguments and the ‘don’t want no untrained, irresponsible gun toting people walking around in my public space’ folks go on for ages. (Sounds like sour grapes to me…actually more like little Tommy whining: how come they get to play for free when I had to pay?) That’s not a realistic argument in my opinion because:
    1. You may as well include people with a drivers license and a car as well.
    2. Anyone legally able to own a handgun can already open carry, have one in their car, on their property, etc.
    3. Criminals don’t care about current law and will carry when they feel like it, so, given the fact that you’re bumping shoulders with gun toting criminals on the street, who would you rather be carrying a handgun?
    In my opinion, you either support the 2nd amendment or you don’t. Whining about the average law abiding citizen having the right to concealed carry without having to put in the same amount of work and money is not supporting 2A. Openly opposing a law that supports the 2nd amendment because you’re afraid it will negate the need for your services and keep you from making money is not supporting 2A.
    If someone has a more accurate explanation I’d like to hear it.
    This. In 2013 when my home state of Arkansas went constitutional carry, the loudest opposition was from the CC instructors and Arkansas state police over revenue.

    I seen comments from instructors under the FB posts from news outlets here complaining about their jobs and even seen one of the politicians quoted in articles as saying the money is a reason she opposes it.


    Follow the $.

  3. #13
    La. CHP Instructor #409

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Fish View Post
    This. In 2013 when my home state of Arkansas went constitutional carry, the loudest opposition was from the CC instructors and Arkansas state police over revenue.

    I seen comments from instructors under the FB posts from news outlets here complaining about their jobs and even seen one of the politicians quoted in articles as saying the money is a reason she opposes it.


    Follow the $.
    I am for it and could give a $hit less about the money. If someone wants a class fine if not that is fine also.

  4. #14
    Don’t troll me bro!

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Sniper View Post
    I saw the news on Channel 8 last night too, and JBE stated his stand on the bill still stands and he will not sign it. But they also showed Arizona who has had the constitutional carry law since 2010 has not had an increase in gun related violence since then either. I think we should have constitutional carry but I will continue to get my permit so reciprocity with other states would still require it. I'm not a fan of everyone going out and start carrying a gun that has no training. I RO at a range and see idiots every day who shouldn't have a gun. I'd like to see safety training as a requirement before we let just anyone just start packing. Several of us RO's provide free training. We've always been an open carry state and the same applies to idiots that have no clue about gun safety. If the bill does get veto'd and isn't overridden the next version should require at least some basic training.
    I get your reasoning but I don’t understand why so many people assume that anyone who has not taken a CHP class and paid for a permit is automatically incapable of proper gun safety and has no common sense. As long as I’ve been alive, I’ve never once seen any common sense for sale anywhere. Can you buy that?
    I’ve also known many people who have had zero formal training or classes on gun safety or operation who handle firearms and the responsibilities of gun ownership far better than many who’ve passed a CHP class and received a permit. I’m not saying some form of training is not a good idea, it’s an excellent idea. But you can’t assume anyone who hasn’t taken a simple class cannot handle a firearm safely and responsibly. My children all came of age after Hunter Safety Training was mandatory to obtain a hunting license in our state. None of them had the first problem with any part of the course and all said that they didn’t feel like they’d learned anything new from the course that they hadn’t learned at home. I wonder why that is?
    On the other hand, to assume that taking a class can magically grant someone all they need to safely and smartly carry a concealed weapon…headshake. Sure, it’s better than nothing.
    And there are folks that definitely shouldn’t own firearms. We hear about them all the time. They’re the people that somehow allow their 3 year old to obtain a handgun from a purse and shoot mama, or from a nightstand and shoot them selves. But I’ve seen a handful of trained individuals and LEO’s shooting themselves as well. And who wants to be the one who decides who can and cannot own and carry a handgun? Last I checked, common sense and intelligence level does not dictate who is eligible to practice constitutional rights.
    Lastly, I want to touch on the public safety argument again. Anyone who can truly say that they oppose this bill because they fear for their safety in public from all the stupid and untrained people who would suddenly be carrying a concealed handgun, I wonder how they carry on with daily life in public. How do they drive down the road without being paralyzed by fear?
    Try as I may, I just don’t think the arguments I keep hearing from 2A supporters are completely honest.

  5. #15
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Found one of the sources:

    "Sen. Regina Barrow, a Baton Rouge Democrat, said she worried about the lost money to the state police and public defender offices that get money from the permit fees."

    https://www.kalb.com/2021/04/28/loui...ermit-mandate/

    JBP55:
    GOOD! And I never said all instructors, but if you look, alot of them do fight it.

  6. #16
    Don’t troll me bro!

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Abear View Post
    JBE was on the news repeatedly saying he will NOT sign it...
    I don’t know why anyone expects different from a Democrat governor. It doesn’t matter where he grew up or his claims of being conservative or a gun enthusiast or outdoorsman. At the end of the day he’s a democrat. Not a real 2A supporter.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

  7. #17
    Seriously Misunderstood!

    User Info Menu

    This is all we/you can do now. It is up to us to take the 10 minutes it will take to do EVERY step in this LSA announcement.

    This is the defining moment! PLEASE DON'T SAY TO YOURSELF; "I don't need to worry about this, others will do it! It won't matter if I do my part!"

    Take Action on SB118 Today
    The Louisiana Legislature adjourned from its 2021 Legislative Session after an extremely successful year for gun owners. However, LSA Members and Second Amendment supporters CANNOT rest yet. Constitutional Carry legislation, Senate Bill 118, is currently sitting on the desk of Governor John Bel Edwards awaiting his signature.
    First: Call Governor Edward’s office at 225-342-7015 and voice your support for Senate Bill 118.

    We suggest you say, "My name is [state your name] and I live in [state your city]. I would very much appreciate you signing SB118 into law as soon as possible. My phone number is [state your phone number]. Thank you."
    __________________________________

    Second: contact your State Representative and ask them to urge Governor Edwards to SIGN Senate Bill 118 into law.
    __________________________________

    Third: these courageous Freedom Loving Independent and Democrat Representatives voted in favor of SB118 in the House, and they need to hear your thanks and encouragement. Please copy and paste the email below and send to each Representative on the list.

    Roy Daryl Adams (I, Dist 62 Jackson)
    Chad Brown (D, Dist 60 Plaquemine)
    Robby Carter (D, Dist 72 Amite)
    Wilford Carter, Sr. (D, Dist 34 Lake Charles)
    Mack Cormier (D, Dist 105 Belle Chasse)
    Travis Johnson (D, Dist 21 Vidalia)
    Jeremy Lacombe (D, Dist 18 Livonia)
    Francis Thompson (D, Dist 19 Delhi)
    Malinda White (D, Dist 75 Bogalusa)

    Also, these Republican Representatives have been targeted by the Governor and may waffle on their support for SB118. They NEED to hear from you today.

    Speaker Clay Schexnayder (R, Dist 81 Gonzales)
    Stephanie Hilferty (R, Dist 94 Metairie)
    Tanner D. Magee (R, Dist 53 Houma)
    Jerome "Zee" Zeringue (R, Dist 52 Houma)

    Dear Rep. [Insert Name]:

    On behalf of all law-abiding gun owners in the Great State of Louisiana, I thank you for supporting SB118. Now that this bill has been sent to Governor Edwards’ desk, I am writing to ask you to urge the Governor to sign this important legislation into law.

    Sincerely,
    [Insert your name]
    [Insert your address]

    Finally: The Governor has threatened to Veto this Important Pro-Civil Rights bill. If he does that, these Representatives will need to return to a special session and vote to override the veto. They need to hear from you today!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    January 20, 2021 : "Democrats! You can now resume, making America SHIT again!"

  8. #18
    Don’t troll me bro!

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    This is all we/you can do now. It is up to us to take the 10 minutes it will take to do EVERY step in this LSA announcement.
    Amen!
    Last edited by Magdump; June 16th, 2021 at 08:04 AM.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

  9. #19
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    I might have posted this somewhere else but I'll add it here.

    The real reason this such a terrific law is because many people feel they need a firearm for protection only in rare events or occasions. I have a boss that is a very young 67 and has a 1911 that his dad gave him as a graduation present, well, he keeps that heavy pistol with him most days in his computer bag and keeps it in his car takes it in at night etc... etc...

    He has taken the CC class and can easily pass the background check but really does not want to carry a pistol on himself and really has no interest in it at all. These are the kinds of folks that can and will benefit from this law.

    They rarely carry, and only when they feel unsafe which is rare, they carry, they conceal from home to car and from car to office, etc... etc... same for most business owners. Most don't want the hassle of carrying a firearm but they know we live in violent times and they trust police but aren't foolish to think police can save them in every instant, they just don't want to be a lawbreaker when they feel they are in danger and need to have a firearm for protection.

  10. #20
    Seriously Misunderstood!

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Amen!
    Remember also, we need exponential coverage on this. Try to copy and paste or attach a link and get it to all those you know want this too!

    Then tell them to pass it on as well!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    January 20, 2021 : "Democrats! You can now resume, making America SHIT again!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •