Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
    Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Does anyone on here know how to take an email from the LSA, and turn it in to a textable link?

I have a textable "hot link" for this now.

PM me if you want me to send it to you mobile!
    Last edited by Emperor; June 16th, 2021 at 09:17 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    January 20, 2021 : "Democrats! You can now resume, making America SHIT again!"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Can you explain the reasoning behind your honest belief? I believe the contrary, in that I shouldnít need special permission or pay the government for the right to practice a God given right as guaranteed by the 2nd amendment of our constitution and Iím pretty sure thatís the driving force behind this bill, but Iíll consider other explanations. I would think that someone who, as you say, cannot pass current requirements would also likely not be legally able to own a handgun anyway? In which case the passing of such a law wouldnít help their cause at all, correct?
    Iím eager to learn what requirements youíre speaking of that these folks canít pass if theyíre indeed legally able to own a handgun. Canít afford the permit? Canít afford the class? Canít physically or mentally pass the class? Canít approach the Sheriffs office without being arrested on outstanding warrants? Not trying to incite a BS special or anything. Iím just curious.
    ^^^^^^^ Not trying to stir the pot of hate and discontent but I am not against the passing of the constitutional carry bill. What I was refering to as to those not being able to pass the current requirements for concealed carry. Having a arrest record in their past even if for some minor misdemeanor offense and cannot get proof of outcome thru the courts because maybe from another state or being long time removed. Maybe have a divorce decree and outcome paperwork not available , maybe a domestic family issue , maybe under doctors care with certain medications being prescribed that are on a restricted list , maybe a long ago substance abuse problem that has been addressed and cleaned up , and even the money cost of the chp for some wanting to have one. I am sure that there are some current chp holders in possession of said permit that should not be allowed for different reasons but untill they step out of line and do something stupid they will stay current. Maybe they fell like they do not want big brother to be ever so involved in their lives. Why do we judge another persons actions or intent untill you have walked in their shoes. .................................................. .................. drill sgt.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drill sgt View Post
    ^^^^^^^ Not trying to stir the pot of hate and discontent but I am not against the passing of the constitutional carry bill. What I was refering to as to those not being able to pass the current requirements for concealed carry. Having a arrest record in their past even if for some minor misdemeanor offense and cannot get proof of outcome thru the courts because maybe from another state or being long time removed. Maybe have a divorce decree and outcome paperwork not available , maybe a domestic family issue , maybe under doctors care with certain medications being prescribed that are on a restricted list , maybe a long ago substance abuse problem that has been addressed and cleaned up , and even the money cost of the chp for some wanting to have one. I am sure that there are some current chp holders in possession of said permit that should not be allowed for different reasons but untill they step out of line and do something stupid they will stay current. Maybe they fell like they do not want big brother to be ever so involved in their lives. Why do we judge another persons actions or intent untill you have walked in their shoes. .................................................. .................. drill sgt.
    I hear ya. I’m sure there are those who’d carry that would be a risk as well. But I don’t think the voice of those unable to obtain a CHP for legal reasons now is the push behind the bill at all. Also, I’m thinking many or most of those are likely denied the right to have a handgun in their possession already from the list you gave. I have a friend that has has a few months left until he can retrieve his firearms from a family member because his ex found a sympathetic ear in a judge and was able to secure a protective order on her word alone, although it was completely unwarranted. This law wouldn’t help him at all.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Some politicians just "get it!"

Mr. *****,

Representative Bacala wanted me to let you know he is and always will be in favor of Constitutional Carry. He will continue to do his part as per the rights of the people under the 2nd Amendment.

Best,

Donna W. Hebert
    Legislative Assistant to
    Representative Tony Bacala
    La House of Representatives
    District 59
    15482 Airline Highway
    Prairieville, Louisiana 70769
    Office Number: 225-677-8023
    Fax Number: 225-677-8022
    bacalat@legis.la.gov

Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 8:56 AM
    To: Bacala, Rep. Tony (District Office) <bacalat@legis.la.gov>
    Subject: SB 118

Tony,

Thanks for the effort on SB118. Please keep pushing the Governor to sign it.

If he vetoes it, let’s override!

Sincerely,

R*******
    Prairieville
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    January 20, 2021 : "Democrats! You can now resume, making America SHIT again!"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Abear View Post
    JBE was on the news repeatedly saying he will NOT sign it...
    Not signing it and vetoing it are two different things. Itís my understanding that if the Gov does nothing, it becomes law 20 days after it hits his desk as the Legislature is now out of session

On Target

User Info Menu

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
    If he vetos, it will take a *veto* session of the legislature and 2/3 majority vote in favor of the legislation in this special session to make it law

Politically, it would be smart of him to not sign and not veto. Allow it to be come law and when he runs for Senate, he can claim to be Pro-2A
    Last edited by Horrible; June 16th, 2021 at 03:17 PM.

On Target

User Info Menu

I kind of agree. Anyway, it is about 10 days left to any action.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Who makes the call to convene a *veto* session? Is it the Speaker and President of the Senate?

Edit: from the LA Constitution

VetoSession. (1) A bill vetoed and returned and subsequently approved by two-thirds of the elected members of each house shall become law. The legislature shall meet in vetosession in the state capital at noon on the fortieth day following final adjournment of the most recent session, to consider all bills vetoed by the governor.
    Last edited by Horrible; June 16th, 2021 at 05:02 PM.

certified gun nut

User Info Menu

Danny McCormick is pushing for one. Got an email asking for support
    https://www.louisianastand.com/stopjbe
    Last edited by SwampyDog; June 16th, 2021 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added link