Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Oiling a hammer fire

Is there anywhere in this area that would need to be oiled?
    Ive started using using synthetic motor oil on my steel/metal framed cz slides. I use ballistol for everything else. Just not sure what should go in this area.

And I know springs don't get oiled, just cleaned. What about this setup? I just clean it and wipe it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0712210748.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	107165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0712210755a.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	107166   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0712210755.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	239.9 KB 
ID:	107167  
    Last edited by WhereIsIt?; July 12th, 2021 at 06:59 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

idk what happend to my post but momma always says if they dont hear you speak up and say it again...

TAKE THAT WD-40 NOZZLE AND JAM IT IN ALL THEM LITTLE BITTY HOLES IN THERE AND JUICE THAT THING UP....

COME ON MAN YOU KNOW THE DEAL

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchillin83 View Post
    idk what happend to my post but momma always says if they dont hear you speak up and say it again...

TAKE THAT WD-40 NOZZLE AND JAM IT IN ALL THEM LITTLE BITTY HOLES IN THERE AND JUICE THAT THING UP....

Still funny!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    January 20, 2021 : "Democrats! You can now resume, making America SHIT again!"

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

I doubt a little good quality silicone spray would hurt.

If you are cleaning that pistol regularly, you only need to make sure there is no rust or no accumulation of dirt/grit/lint etc., when you break it down. Heavy oils or greases trap a lot of those particulates. Personally, I would dab those pivot points with a very high grade light sewing machine type oil.

I do it on my Glock.
    Last edited by Emperor; July 12th, 2021 at 10:49 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    January 20, 2021 : "Democrats! You can now resume, making America SHIT again!"

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I prefer Mobil 1 20W50 VTWIN.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post

If you are cleaning that pistol regularly, you only need to make sure there is no rust or no accumulation of dirt/grit/lint etc., when you break it down. Heavy oils or greases trap a lot of those particulates. Personally, I would dab those pivot points with a very high grade light sewing machine type oil.

I do it on my Glock.
    Thank you for replying with some actual info. Yes...glock manuals specifically say to put light oil in that area. For some reason CZ says nothing but clean all parts and wipe. I get what the manual means but I was looking for people who have had different experiences and might have some info/opinions that I can take in. I have had it for about 4 months now and I clean it after every range session. Now that I have two more hammer fired CZ's and none of the manuals say anything specifically about that area I thought I should ask incase I'm missing something or should be looking for.
    Last edited by WhereIsIt?; July 12th, 2021 at 11:31 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchillin83 View Post

LOL...I already texted you about what happened after I did that. Now I got JPSO outside my house yelling at me and shit while im trying to watch Price is Right.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I prefer Mobil 1 20W50 VTWIN.
    I have Amsoil 5w20 laying around the house that I decided to try on the slides. Can't really comment if its any better then the ballistol I was using other then with cleaning it today. It looked to be that the slides were much cleaner and the oil stayed where I put it at.

Marksman

User Info Menu

lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96B9F48D-471C-4DAA-A1D5-45CE403BB97D.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	107178  

Marksman

User Info Menu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3qzg9h.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	107179

errrryone