Meplat

Page 1 of 8 12 ... LastLast
    *Banned*

User Info Menu

Asleep At The Wheel

Saw this from my kitchen window a good while ago and snapped the pic from inside my home. Was just curious (nosey) of what was up so I put my dog on the chain and took her out for a walk inside of our yard. From what I could see from our yard, the officer had his/her head down and apparantely taking a nap/asleep. The unit has been there for over an hour now and no movement of the unit or the officer. I got a little bit more curious and took the dog out for a walk alongside the unit, and yes, the officer was alive, chest expanding and deflating, head down and definitely asleep. Yeah, I got the tag number of the unit. Our tax dollars at work!
    Last edited by flyboy; July 14th, 2021 at 10:44 AM. Reason: pic removed
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like, victory!
    Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!
    Still got the shovel!

Professional Amateur

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I assumed this was about an upcoming concert, at first.
    Sam
    Central/Pride, Evil Black Rifle Parish(EBR), LA

ďRemember the first rule of gunfighting... Ďhave a gun.í"
    -Col. Jeff Cooper

*Banned*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oleheat View Post
    I assumed this was about an upcoming concert, at first.
    I got you. Most likely the officer spent too much time at a whore house last night and did not get much sleep. That is why he is now sleeping on our dime.
    Last edited by flyboy; July 13th, 2021 at 02:44 PM.
    Still got the shovel!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Should have knocked on the window just to make sure he was okay and not having some type of medical problem. Also, would have woke him up too.
    SASS #84934

*Banned*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whbonney26 View Post
    Should have knocked on the window just to make sure he was okay and not having some type of medical problem. Also, would have woke him up too.

I thought about it but then I did not want him to know that I caught him sleeping on the job and retaliating against me or my family for what I knew.
    Still got the shovel!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Maybe it was lunch time

*Banned*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 5star View Post
    Maybe it was lunch time

I have never slept through lunch time. Not for more than 2 hours. Just saying.
    Still got the shovel!

Marksman

User Info Menu

If he is working a 12 hour shift, i don't mind it, I have taken 30-60 minute naps at work also

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iomg8 View Post
    If he is working a 12 hour shift, i don't mind it, I have taken 30-60 minute naps at work also
    I work 12 hours shift work rotating from days and nights lots of times that I only have 1/2 a day off… we never ever sleep on a job well we don’t get caught… my daddy always told me if you can’t be good be good at it

*Banned*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iomg8 View Post

Sorry but I disagree with you. I have worked many 12hr jobs mostly during the night hours and even though I had the notion to take a nap, I did not because I was getting paid by the hour for my service by the company I was working for. No offense or anything but if you were working for me, I would not be willing to pay you while you are sleeping on the job. But hey, it is your and my dime and we are all paying for the officer to sleep on the job!
    Still got the shovel!