Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Money Orders as Payment

My apologies to the buyer who contacted me first of all. I am asking because I have never used a money order and hardly know what they are. I am asking if anyone on here uses them as a form of payment when shipping items to buyers? I usually use paypal but a lot of people on here do not like paypal.

Thanks for any info.

Expert in the field of wife avoidance

User Info Menu

Money orders are better than checks, because you have to put cash up front to the person creating the money order to get the piece of paper. Your bank is the easiest place to get one. But they can be faked, just like checks.

Some people, if taking money orders, insist on you using a USPS money order. Faking one of those is a federal offense. In theory, maybe that makes it safer?

I always say in adds that I require USPS money orders. Sometimes I'll take regular ones, depending on the person who wants to buy and their reputation.
    USPSA #A74215

Sarcasm. Just another fine service I offer.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon64 View Post
    My apologies to the buyer who contacted me first of all. I am asking because I have never used a money order and hardly know what they are. I am asking if anyone on here uses them as a form of payment when shipping items to buyers? I usually use paypal but a lot of people on here do not like paypal.

Thanks for any info.
    I receive money orders regularly , you just take it to the bank and deposit like a check . Pay pal is convenient but anti gun and reportedly will hold up transfer funds if they find out it's a gun/ ammo transition .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I have no problem with money orders, but won't ship an item until the cash is in my hand or deposited.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks All.

*Banned*

User Info Menu

I have recieved and sent usps money orders for sales and purchases many of times. In my opinion it is the safest method for both the seller and the buyer.
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like, victory!
    Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!
    Still got the shovel!

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    I have recieved and sent usps money orders for sales and purchases many of times. In my opinion it is the safest method for both the seller and the buyer.
    I agree and use same method.

T-Rigger

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon64 View Post

Thanks for any info.

I am new to sales via Bayou Shooter. I'm not set up to receive credit card or paypal payments or any of the other online services. Also, just now learning how to ship and price the shipping, insurance - thanks to very helpful recent posts on B. S. MANY BELATED THANKS TO CONTRIBUTORS! My WTS post indicates FTF/Cash transaction, but receive inquiries from potential buyers that want items shipped. I quote via email or text, an itemized total cost and state that I will ship upon receipt of a Cashiers Check or USPS Money Order. Clearly state USPS money order. I don't trust convenience store money orders - although they're probably okay. As others have pointed out - USPS MO's can be deposited or cashed at your bank.

On Target

User Info Menu

I personally only do cash. I would however consider crypto currency if someone had the ones I wanted.

-Global Mod-
    Caballoloco

User Info Menu

I use US Postal service Money Orders . Max on each order is $1k and its as good as cash. The seller can cash it at the post office or deposit into personal account and almost immediately clears.
    "Survival is a side effect of winning"- Pat Rogers

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"- Edmund Burke

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."- Plato

"If You Ain't Bleeding, You Ain't Training!"- Freedive10