Meplat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    Marksman

User Info Menu

This is a recreation of the Triton Quik-Shok. Was mfg in numerous handgun calibers, super effective!!! I have some 40cal. 135gr at 1325fps !!
    It takes all kinds to make the world go round, some just make it go slower than others.
    Some things in life truly are self-inflicted, especially at election times.
    USPSA #A-76650

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by James Thibodeau View Post
    This is a recreation of the Triton Quik-Shok. Was mfg in numerous handgun calibers, super effective!!! I have some 40cal. 135gr at 1325fps !!
    Idk anything about it being quik shok but if I had to guess Iíd say itís this round re made/ marketed. It looks like the Winchester varmint HE 37gr segmenting hollow point
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E89867FF-51EB-4CA2-94F8-6DA991D59EA3.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	108022  

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by James Thibodeau View Post
    Thanks for the correction! I called them powershock in my previous post. I concur on the effectiveness of the .22LR version. Very hot round.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jstudz220 View Post
    Idk anything about it being quik shok but if I had to guess I’d say it’s this round re made/ marketed. It looks like the Winchester varmint HE 37gr segmenting hollow point
    I have a bunch of CCI segmented rounds too. The subs are pretty good squirrel getters but regular CCI subsonic HP are more accurate in my primary squirrel rifle.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I don't know where or when I heard Stingers were used by Hinckley but I guess I didn't get that from the Washington Post. Thanks

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgt z View Post
    I don't know where or when I heard Stingers were used by Hinckley but I guess I didn't get that from the Washington Post. Thanks
    Lol, yeah, prolly the worst rag to quote, but it was widely reported back in the day and I’m pretty sure stingers never came up. I did enjoy the old exploding bullet story though, and if anyone ever wondered where that mythological bullet got its start….

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have used CCI Stingers while hunting small game and I stopped because they did so much damage to the game. It would blow big holes in squirrels. I switched to just a regular .22 LR ammo. One year after Halloween, my brother and I took the pumpkins from our houses and went out in a field to shoot them for target practice. I was shooting one with a 9mm pistol and it would just punch holes in it. My brother loaded .22 Stingers in his rifle and when he shot the pumpkin, it nearly exploded. We were surprised that the Stingers would blast large holes in the pumpkin. I guess the hollow point bullets were expanding. I guarantee that if I were ever shot by a .22 Stinger bullet, it would sure stop me in my tracks. It may not kill me immediately, but it would surely cause a lot of damage and hurt like all hell.