Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Hurricane gun preparedness

    Well sadly the time has come, you know to get the gas, water and food...

    But i ask you, whats your hurricane gun????? Lots of time and decision should go into this choice, it will have to with stand the storm.... Whether its a single shot shotgun or a saw M249, Or just the good Ol' "6 D-CELL" MAGLIGHT with 62 lumens


    So what say you...

    As far as me i think im going with the following

    long gun either one of the 2

    beretta 1301 tactical
    aridus crom aimpoint mount
    aimpoint micro 4moa
    surefire M600U w/arasaka mlok mount
    aridus shell saddle
    aridus/magpul stock set
    2-1oz truball slugs followed by 6-flight control 00 bucks

    or

    11.5" BCM SBR
    silencerco Omega
    aimpoint T1 w/kak mount
    Troy buis
    surefire m600u w/arasaka mlok mount
    bcm furniture w/forgrip
    30-62gr .223 softpoints


    pistol either one of the 2


    Staccato P DUO
    Trijicon rm06
    surefire x300u
    20+1 124gr +p HST

    or

    Glock 17 MOS gen5
    trijicon rm06 w/fcd plate
    streamlight tlr-1HL
    19+1 124gr +p HST


    and of course it doesnt happen without pics.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 713A5C6A-2961-4790-8358-E5DA17B1E6F6.jpg   C6A2B526-5941-49D6-9764-C7AD8D861F0D.jpg   A8FCF7DD-67C6-4E91-8167-F9C13A09BF39.jpg  
    Last edited by Bigchillin83; August 27th, 2021 at 08:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    I’ll grab a Glock, stick it in my pants as usual, and call it a day. If we evacuate I’ll be taking the vast majority of my collection with me and whatever does get left behind will be left with family.

    I think this is a good topic to discuss especially with as many new gun owners as we have these days. I transport my long guns in hard plastic cases with locks and my handguns smaller hard plastic cases with a lock. Back of the suv gets loaded down with ammo cans with a couple thousand rounds of each caliber. Some may think it’s going overboard and I say remember Katrina?

  3. #3
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Also just FYI…

    Evacuation and Carrying During State of Emergency
    R.S. 14:95 Illegal Carrying of Weapons
    L. The provisions of Paragraph (A)(1) of this Section shall not apply to any person who is not prohibited from possessing a firearm pursuant to R.S. 14:95.1 or any other state or federal law and who is carrying a concealed firearm on or about his person while in the act of evacuating during a mandatory evacuation order issued during a state of emergency or disaster declared pursuant to the Louisiana Homeland Security and Emergency Assistance and Disaster Act. For purposes of this Subsection, "in the act of evacuating" means the immediate and urgent movement of a person away from the evacuation area within forty-eight hours
    www.handgunlaw.us 7
    Last edited by Jstudz220; August 27th, 2021 at 08:31 AM.

  4. #4
    I despise ARFCOM

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    I don't evacuate , and I see no reason to go to DEFCON 1 over a Hurricane . No looters in my neighborhood . YMMV .
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .

  5. #5
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    That is one law I will never follow. I open carried evacuating after Katrina and so did thousands of others.

    My go to emergency survival gun is a 22 rifle and pistol. I can carry thousands of rounds of ammo. It can be used defensively and good for gathering food. A proper shot from a 22 is capable of taking down deer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstudz220 View Post
    Also just FYI…

    Evacuation and Carrying During State of Emergency
    R.S. 14:95 Illegal Carrying of Weapons
    L. The provisions of Paragraph (A)(1) of this Section shall not apply to any person who is not prohibited from possessing a firearm pursuant to R.S. 14:95.1 or any other state or federal law and who is carrying a concealed firearm on or about his person while in the act of evacuating during a mandatory evacuation order issued during a state of emergency or disaster declared pursuant to the Louisiana Homeland Security and Emergency Assistance and Disaster Act. For purposes of this Subsection, "in the act of evacuating" means the immediate and urgent movement of a person away from the evacuation area within forty-eight hours
    www.handgunlaw.us 7

  6. #6
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    I don't evacuate , and I see no reason to go to DEFCON 1 over a Hurricane . No looters in my neighborhood . YMMV .
    same here

  7. #7
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon64 View Post
    That is one law I will never follow. I open carried evacuating after Katrina and so did thousands of others.

    My go to emergency survival gun is a 22 rifle and pistol. I can carry thousands of rounds of ammo. It can be used defensively and good for gathering food. A proper shot from a 22 is capable of taking down deer.
    i thought we was talking about playing around, staying home and protecting our dwelling... didnt know we jumped into red dawn so fast!!!!

  8. #8
    *Banned*

    User Info Menu

    Long guns:
    Savage .410 pump
    Henry .22lr survival rifle
    Chinese SKS

    Handguns:
    Glock 19
    Charter Arms Bulldog .44special
    Keltec P17 .22lr
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like, victory!
    Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!
    Still got the shovel!

  9. #9
    Sic semper tyrannis

    User Info Menu

    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

    I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

  10. #10
    LSP Instructor #2119

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    If anyone here's still using a 62 lumen flashlight, I know a local with some sweet flashlights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •