Marksman

User Info Menu

High Tower Armory bullpup

I recently started looking around for a bullpup but I found they were either nearly impossible to find or very expensive. Then I discovered that High Tower Armory makes a bullpup chassis for the Hi-Point 995TS carbine. You take the action and barrel out of the Hi-Point stock and swap it over to the HTA chassis. I bought a Hi-Point carbine about 10 years ago and rarely shot it so this was a great chance to use it to convert it to a bullpup. The Hi-Point is ugly, but it has always been 100% reliable. So, I ordered the HTA chassis and did the conversion and I have to say it turned out to be a great gun. The HTA chassis is very high quality. I shot it this past weekend and it functions perfect.

Hobbyist

User Info Menu

Interesting. I'm saving this thread. If I come across a high pernt carbine, I'll snag it, and see what happens
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Pretty cool. How much is the is the chassis?

*Banned*

User Info Menu

Nice! How difficult was the swap?
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like, victory!
    Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!
    Still got the shovel!

Hobbyist

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jstudz220 View Post
    Here ya go. I saved it in my bookmarks. Anyone want to do some trading for a high point carbine or just sell me one? Lol...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210915-130712.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	108293  
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KDerekT83 View Post
    Here ya go. I saved it in my bookmarks. Anyone want to do some trading for a high point carbine or just sell me one? Lol...
    Nice man, I appreciate it. So roughly $550 total for a decent little bullpup to play around with. Not bad at all.

Marksman

User Info Menu

The new chassis is $250. https://www.hightowerarmory.com/Hi-P...ries_c_19.html

Marksman

User Info Menu

The swap is pretty easy. Disassembling the Hi-Point is probably the most difficult part, but it only takes maybe 7 or 8 minutes to remove the action and the barrel from the Hi-Point stock. It then sets right into the High Tower chassis and it held in with a couple of pins. The entire swap took maybe 15 to 20 minutes. Here is a Youtube video showing how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGPza6251gc&t=24s
    Last edited by Markmmg; September 15th, 2021 at 12:43 PM.

*Banned*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markmmg View Post
    The swap is pretty easy. Disassembling the Hi-Point is probably the most difficult part, but it only takes maybe 7 or 8 minutes to remove the action and the barrel from the Hi-Point stock. It then sets right into the High Tower chassis and it held in with a couple of pins. The entire swap took maybe 15 to 20 minutes. Here is a You tube video showing how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGPza6251gc&t=24s

Thanks for that info!
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like, victory!
    Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!
    Still got the shovel!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Nice man, I appreciate it. So roughly $550 total for a decent little bullpup to play around with. Not bad at all.
    The factory built bullpups I looked at like the Tavor cost around $2,000. So $550 for a decent bullpup is a bargain.