Meplat

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannon gun safe

Marksman

User Info Menu

Cannon gun safe

Urgent
    I have a Cannon Scout Gun safe with a digital key pad. Since getting flooded I managed to open the safe and removed my firearms and dry the inside of the safe. I put the firearms back in for security reasons. I tried getting back into the safe and the key pad beeps twice per number. I called Cannon and tried all their troubleshooting techniques to no avail. Anyone have experience with this happening and what did you do to get it open. Lock and safe guy maybe my next option. Help help help.

Marksman

User Info Menu

have you done all the silly stuff, check battery, pull key pad off and make sure connections were tight and plugged up? i know my brother got his safe locked out and took a lot to get it open

What's This For Again

User Info Menu

Moisture is most likely in the keypad (may have corroded the wiring/connections) from sitting in the hot humid home. Not sure if you take it off and let it completely dry out if it will work again. May need to give Danny's locksmith a call to get in.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yes I did all the silly stuff. Hitting each button 3 times, new battery with expiration dates. Etc

- - - Updated - - -

Danny’s doesn’t mess with gun safes

User Info Menu

Quite a few gun safes use drywall as insulation, if that got wet it could hold quite a bit of water. I'd make sure it is totally dry before you put guns back in it. Don't want any moisture coming out and rusting your firearms.
    I'd contact the manufacturer and get their recommendations.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by folivier View Post
    Quite a few gun safes use drywall as insulation, if that got wet it could hold quite a bit of water. I'd make sure it is totally dry before you put guns back in it. Don't want any moisture coming out and rusting your firearms.
    I'd contact the manufacturer and get their recommendations.
    think guns are already back in there lol

Marksman

User Info Menu

like stated above possibly remove keypad and dry it off, put it in the sun or somthing, id remove the battery while drying

i think mine has a time out if it wont open the first 5 times, not sure how long the wait period is but it might have that

if you havent bought a brand new pack of 9v batterys and tried several "new" batterys id do that, i have put in what i thought was new before and it still beeps ect but wouldnt activate the unlock, battery was to weak, maybe trya that also
    Last edited by Bigchillin83; September 16th, 2021 at 08:26 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Maybe put the safe key pad in a bag of rice for a few days.

Don't tase me bro!

User Info Menu

contact Cannon, tell them if flooded in the hurricane. They will send a company to open the safe and let you keep the safe, plus send you a replacement safe!
    forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

What do you believe in?
    I believe in Ammunition.......

RIP USA, HELLO USSA

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

If the safe has the traditional 5 point handle, try to back it off from full turn just a smidge. My Fort Knox will sometimes do exactly what you are experiencing if the handle is turned all the way after closing.

Remember, just back it off enough that it isn't bottomed out. If that doesn't do it, try to back it off a little more the next time.

As mentioned, if it has a "time-out" feature after too many failed attempts, space out your attempts to avoid a lockout!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    January 20, 2021 : "Democrats! You can now resume, making America SHIT again!"