Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Space X

*Banned*

User Info Menu

Space X

With the latest launch of an all civilian crew aboard, if you were given a chance to take a ride in it would you? I know I would.
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like, victory!
    Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!
    Still got the shovel!

Hobbyist

User Info Menu

Nah. Just off principle. Elon Musk is a smart guy. I can't and won't try to discredit that. However he has a democratic train of thought and I won't support him in any way. Being in the automotive industry my whole life doesn't help. He is one of the people trying to make everything electric, which makes my life harder. I'm a automotive technician. I use a high school degree to fix what a college educated engineer couldn't get right the first time.
    Last edited by KDerekT83; September 16th, 2021 at 08:55 AM.
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Don't tase me bro!

User Info Menu

you must admit that his recent move to build on Indian land was a big F-U to the man!
    forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

What do you believe in?
    I believe in Ammunition.......

RIP USA, HELLO USSA

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    With the latest launch of an all civilian crew aboard, if you were given a chance to take a ride in it would you? I know I would.
    not if i gotta be vax'ed

Marksman

User Info Menu

I am a huge SpaceX fan. Elon may be a twit and act like a child sometimes but he is driving the space race now. Between Super Heavy/Starship he will change the human species from a single planet to multiple-planet species. He is doing things that no one thought possible until he did it and now does it so well that it seems like it is part of normal everyday life. I for one can't wait until the first launch of Super Heavy/Starship it will be awesome.

Bayou Photo Shooter

User Info Menu

Before you decide if you want to go or not you might want to watch this video SpaceX published of all their crashes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvim4rsNHkQ

Granted, these were mostly all on landing and they've had a good track record recently but it still doesn't inspire confidence and I was genuinely nervous watching the crew go up last night.
    IATSE Local 600 Camera Operator

Marksman

User Info Menu

i would not. I'm a big fan of gravity

*Banned*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    i would not. I'm a big fan of gravity

If you are a big fan of gravity, try skydiving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G0053277.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	108311  
    Last edited by flyboy; September 16th, 2021 at 03:07 PM.
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like, victory!
    Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!
    Still got the shovel!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aroundlsu View Post
    Before you decide if you want to go or not you might want to watch this video SpaceX published of all their crashes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvim4rsNHkQ

Granted, these were mostly all on landing and they've had a good track record recently but it still doesn't inspire confidence and I was genuinely nervous watching the crew go up last night.
    All of those crashes were early on and from them trying to learn how to get a first stage to come back to earth and land so they could reuse it. But since those early days they have launched more often than the next rocket and also have a better record. Even the US government and NASA are confident of their rockets safety as both NASA and the Armed Forces have certified that it is okay to now use SpaceX's reused first stages to launch all missions. NASA even launched the last Crewed Dragon mission to the ISS on a reused rocket first stage.

On Target

User Info Menu

Gravity is not my friend. I'm having more and more "gravity attacks" as I get older I find it harder and harder to get up.