Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12312 ... LastLast

Thread: Get vaccinated

Hobbyist

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riverc View Post
    i'm 60 have never taken a Flu shot and no plan to take the Covid Shot.I see it as a personal choice.My gut tells me it's not about health,never in my lifetime has there been a push from the government to take a vaccine like this.I will take my chances i have lived a good life if covid kills me it was my time to go.
    Things being said such as this, by people much older/more experienced in life than myself, just solidify my stubbornness to refuse to get it. Thank you sir
    Last edited by KDerekT83; September 18th, 2021 at 08:03 AM.
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    Another one of these threads .
    No attack,no one is forcing you to open and read the post.Just move on to a different one.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by moe24 View Post
    This pass year I've been loosing alot of family members from covid 19,the most recent one was my cousins husband (early 40s) who died from covid..he was the breadwinner for his family of 5.kids ages range from 3years old to 16 Years old..
    Would you rather risk dying than taking the vaccine?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry for what you have experienced. Thanks for your opinion.

Ready, Shoot, Aim!

User Info Menu

Fact: Covid can kill you.
    Fact: Covid can make you very sick and give you lasting issues
    Fact: Covid can make you mildly sick and achy
    Fact: Covid may not do anything to you
    Fact: Covid is here, it is a virus and it does not discriminate who it will infect
    Fact: Covid has a vaccine, but it is not 100%
    Fact: Covid vaccine is voluntary unless a (insert agency here) requires it.
    Fact: Covid has our emergency rooms filled with patients, some will make it some will not.

Everything comes down to ORM (Operational Risk Management) - therefore, I took the vaccine and sleep better at night knowing I have some layer of protection. BUT, it is YOUR choice. Just don't expect me to give you sympathy if you do get it and haven't been vaccinated - that was YOUR choice.

Marksman

User Info Menu

i'm 60 have never taken a Flu shot and no plan to take the Covid Shot.I see it as a personal choice.My gut tells me it's not about health,never in my lifetime has there been a push from the government to take a vaccine like this.I will take my chances i have lived a good life if covid kills me it was my time to go.
    Maybe, but I think the government pushed polio vaccines as well as measles. The big difference is it wasnít politicized and people just got the vaccine. Iíll repeat what Iíve said before, if Trump wins in 2020 then most people around here would be vaccinated. All it would have take was a few Trump vaccine rallies and people would have been lining up for days to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    Maybe, but I think the government pushed polio vaccines as well as measles. The big difference is it wasn’t politicized and people just got the vaccine. I’ll repeat what I’ve said before, if Trump wins in 2020 then most people around here would be vaccinated. All it would have take was a few Trump vaccine rallies and people would have been lining up for days to get it.

I don't know maybe some would have,but i'm not one of them and know others that feel the same as i do.They claim Trump took the vaccine in private,i suspect he did not take it.
    Last edited by Riverc; September 18th, 2021 at 10:43 AM.

No sir, I ain't.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jstudz220 View Post
    I’m sorry for your loss and I’m not trying to take away from what you’ve experienced but I’m not getting the shot. I’m in no way scared of it and I don’t let the small amount of stories I’ve heard on top of the media fear mongering change my decision. I’m in no way anti vaccine, I’m more vaccinated than the average American due to the military.

I have twins that are three. One of them caught covid when he was two. He was groggy for a day and fine after that. In that time my family quarantined with him at my house. I didn’t change a thing. I drank after him, ate with him, and held him in my arms like I used to before he turned into a mini gorilla.

The vaccine is a personal decision and it should be left at that. If your goal is to get more people to get vaccinated then telling them to do so probably isn’t the best route. I look at the facts and from what I see it should absolutely be taken seriously but is nothing to be in a panic about or getting pissed at people who choose not too. People can do their own re search and make their own decisions which they should. It’s an individual to individual decision that should be made. So to answer your question yes I’d rather take the chance of dying from covid than getting the vaccine because for me personally I believe those chances are very slim. I see the vaccine potentially doing more harm than covid which people seem to ignore has a 98% survival rate or they just haven’t done the research.

The chances of having issues with the vaccine are way less than having issues with Covid.

Your risk analysis is incorrect.
    Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop.

No sir, I ain't.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    Maybe, but I think the government pushed polio vaccines as well as measles. The big difference is it wasn’t politicized and people just got the vaccine. I’ll repeat what I’ve said before, if Trump wins in 2020 then most people around here would be vaccinated. All it would have take was a few Trump vaccine rallies and people would have been lining up for days to get it.

I'd like to think so, but didn't Trump get booed when he told a crowd in Alabama they should get the shot?
    Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I got the shots (Moderna) as soon as they were available.
    The idea of drowning in my own body fluids does not appeal to me.
    I respect everyone's right to make that decision. Good luck!
    "Civility is an illusion; savagery is the default state of humanity."
    - Quinlan

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

No attack,no one is forcing you to open and read the post.Just move on to a different one.
    And no one is forcing you to comment on my post . Feel free to move on if you disagree . See how that works ?
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .