CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Time Traveler

User Info Menu

Storage for Firearms

Does anyone know of a facilty that allows storage of firearms in our area? We are selling our home and need to "stage" everything for the showings. I used to use the pawn shop for my guitars when I was out on the road for extended periods but that was in another market -the pawn shops and customers around here, well -you know.

Any help is appreciated.

Hobbyist

User Info Menu

Can't just tuck em out the way? In a closet behind some clothes or somethin? Wrap em up and put em in attic temporarily? Hell I dunno. I don't have kids in the house or anything so mine just lean up against the wall in closet, next to bed, one on top of toilet, etc ... I have shit everywhere. Lol
    Last edited by KDerekT83; September 20th, 2021 at 09:23 PM.
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Marksman

User Info Menu

You could bring them to a shop on consignment and put a high price, but then pay the owner for the work. Someone may even take you up on the make me sell price

Marksman

User Info Menu

If something were to happen to any or all of the firearms in storeage be it a storeage facility or at a place of business or a private facility would they be be covered with some type of insurance against /loss / theft and replacement. Would hate to see something happen and you get shafted........................................... ...... drill sgt.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drill sgt View Post
    If something were to happen to any or all of the firearms in storeage be it a storeage facility or at a place of business or a private facility would they be be covered with some type of insurance against /loss / theft and replacement. Would hate to see something happen and you get shafted........................................... ...... drill sgt.
    I owned a mini storage. The facility is not responsible for your items. You can buy renters insurance to cover your stuff.

LSP Instructor #2119

Premium Member

User Info Menu

How many of what type of firearms are you talking about? A couple handguns or a few dozen rifles?

Marksman

User Info Menu

If you store them with a dealer FFL, legally they will have to make you do a brady check before they can return them to you. If you can't store them out of sight, I'd buy a gang box in the garage for short term storage.
    "Incrementalism" (Lingchi) is the weapon used by anti-gun forces to destroy the second amendment.
    "Compromise" is an action that can only be used one time - when you compromise a compromise, you are going backwards.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S. Thompson

Marksman

User Info Menu

I just had all mine in a safe, and put all my ammo/mags in a big double door locker with a lock on it… never had a issue

To me if that makes you loose a sale they weren’t interested anyway

Marksman

User Info Menu

I remember St. Bernard indoor had some deal with another company to store guns.

Edit.... Well, actually, they got robbed last night. So that's out the way. Doubt it'll happen again... Right?
    Last edited by WhereIsIt?; September 21st, 2021 at 12:50 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

https://elmwoodselfstorage.com/vault-storage This place says they do! just trying to help a brother out!
    So if guns kill people, I guess, pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat

"There is nothing more exilerating than being shot at without result!" -Sir Winston Churchill

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John "The Duke" Wayne

"Your so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece!"-Gunny Hartman