CS

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Potential buyers that disappear ..

Why do people act like they're interested in your item and then just seem to vaporize into thin air ? They express an interest , even request additional pics and then
    POOF ..gone . How hard is it to say " Sorry , not what I'm looking for . Thanks anyway , etc " ? Common courtesy , right ? These people get added to my " Do not fly " list and I will not do business with them for any price .
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    Why do people act like they're interested in your item and then just seem to vaporize into thin air ? They express an interest , even request additional pics and then
    POOF ..gone . How hard is it to say " Sorry , not what I'm looking for . Thanks anyway , etc " ? Common courtesy , right ? These people get added to my " Do not fly " list and I will not do business with them for any price .
    Just the nature of the beast, unfortunately.

I have posted WTS ads on FB a few times and I usually get 30-50 messages with the generic "Hey, is this still available" followed up by silence.

I imagine a lot of times people see cool toys on here that they'd like to have. They message the seller and then between the responses they reconsider. I know I've done it before. I usually will tell them "actually, I changed my mind, but I appreciate it," but it's easy to forget.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Cryptocurrency? Free $25 for giving it a shot! (Click Here)

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Sorry Austin , I'm not buying the " forgot " thing . You send pics , then a separate email a couple of days later and no response to either ? No , that's just inconsiderate . Yeah it's the nature of the beast but it's still wrong .
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Sorry Austin , I'm not buying the " forgot " thing . You send pics , then a separate email a couple of days later and no response to either ? No , that's just inconsiderate . Yeah it's the nature of the beast but it's still wrong .
    I mean I'm with you in that it's inconsiderate, but it's just how selling things on the internet is.

A lot of people are always interested, a few will reach out (and subsequently change their mind), and even fewer will try to initiate a purchase. Unfortunately, it's just how it is.

I do agree that folks really should let the seller know if they change their mind, but I don't think it'll ever consistently happen.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Cryptocurrency? Free $25 for giving it a shot! (Click Here)

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

See, you just need to deal with me exclusively, lol!
    Seriously though, I feel the same Dan. And I also keep a list. As many miles as I rack up and the hours I keep the last thing I need is somebody wasting my time. Youíd think they should feel the same way, but some folks ainít exactly got nothing pressing so I guess they donít comprehend that concept. I feel kinda bad for not reading/just deleting their PMís later onÖ..not really.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

at least they stop responding, some guy freaked me out when he stopped messaging me after I drove somewhere to sell my gun. Like wtf, am I am to get shot/robbed, or you just flaked out.

Anyway signed him up for spam texts 2 weeks later LOL

On Target

User Info Menu

I once had a guy want to meet up to see an item. He then backed out and said that I was shady. He then contacted me a few days later to know if we could try to meet up again.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteHorse View Post
    I once had a guy want to meet up to see an item. He then backed out and said that I was shady. He then contacted me a few days later to know if we could try to meet up again.
    So did yíall meet up again?

People are strange. I had someone ask 1,000 questions because I no longer had a factory CARDBOARD box. I met the guy in the middle of the workday at my office ó who does that if theyíre shady?? I sure donít have the space to store cardboard boxes for long guns that arenít collectible.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Glad to know I’m not the only one who’s shady around here, lol!
    I’ve had mostly good experiences with the folks I’ve dealt with here. Only a couple of sketchy deals, maybe one or two that pissed me off. The feedback system works pretty well but not everyone participates. They should realize that it’s the first thing I consider when dealing with someone here. I’ll deal with a member with zero feedback, but I’m not so eager if that person gives any indication of being less than 100%. If I want a freakshow I’ll go play with the Craigslist crowd.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Had a seller on here do the same thing on a vehicle, text back and forth, said I'd be in touch the following day, I arranged a tow and he ghosted. Im thinking he sold it to someone else or decided it was worth more than he was asking, but a simple text would suffice to say it's no longer available.