Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prices $$$

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Prices $$$

I know everything is higher these days but.... DAMN!
    Some of the asking prices are astronomical. Even for damaged, well used items.
    RacerXXX

Marksman

User Info Menu

Asking and getting is 2 different animals..

Infantryman

User Info Menu

^^this. I see most of those over prices firearms sitting in the marketplace for months.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by racerxxx View Post
    I know everything is higher these days but.... DAMN!
    Some of the asking prices are astronomical. Even for damaged, well used items.

I need to go through my damaged, well used items!!!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fordfella View Post
    I need to go through my damaged, well used items!!!
    Post it on facebook marketplace at 30% higher than new please LOL

Don’t troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sailem View Post
    ^^this. I see most of those over prices firearms sitting in the marketplace for months.
    Same here. I guess they are hoping desperation or stupidity will prevail and someone will eventually cough up the inflated sum. Sometimes people don’t need the money when they sell something and ask what they would consider parting with an object for or what it’s worth to them. In other words, they’re saying, ‘I don’t really want to get rid of this, but if I did, this is what I’d take’. Other times people buy something at an inflated price and are not willing to lose at the time of sale, when in reality (either don’t know or won’t admit that) they already lost at the time of purchase.
    I don’t generally pursue a deal with these types of sellers because of the aggravation that’s often included.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

My favorite are the ones who add a couple of accessories they don’t want and think that will justify them asking hundreds of dollars more than what the guns worth lol

Marksman

User Info Menu

I like how they say if it don't sell by the weekend, I'm keeping it

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I like how they say if it don't sell by the weekend, I'm keeping it
    And then bump it on Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

LSP Instructor #2119

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by falshooter View Post
    Asking and getting is 2 different animals..
    Exactly this.

It's been a frantic, panic-buying couple years but firearm prices fell off a cliff a few months ago and are pretty much back to pre-pandemic prices already. (Ammo still isn't but everything else is.) I'd guess what we're seeing here in the classifieds re pricing is some members just not realizing yet that the panic-buying stage is over with and we're back to normal at best. This could just be a hangover impression from the surge, but it feels to me like people have really tightened up with their wallets on the offramp from the panic, and guys just aren't buying much right now even at decent prices. This whole gun/parts market feels like a retail store in January in the post-holiday slump.