CS

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Sig P320 discharged in bag

He had it loaded in the bag with one in the chamber. He does admit that the bag slipped out of his hand and dropped it a short distance. Is that enough to make any handgun gun fire?

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

I would not trust any striker fire pistol. I have had my Glock do the same thing when seeing if I could make it accidentally discharge with Snap Caps. These sigs seem to be really bad. If it was a P220 type this would not have happened. How many of use get into a situation where you do not need a safety for the first shot? Not many.

Marksman
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon64 View Post
    I would not trust any striker fire pistol. I have had my Glock do the same thing when seeing if I could make it accidentally discharge with Snap Caps. These sigs seem to be really bad. If it was a P220 type this would not have happened. How many of use get into a situation where you do not need a safety for the first shot? Not many.
    I want to make sure I am reading this right. You are saying you have had a Glock inertia fire ? Details.
    Advanced Laser Engraving of Louisiana
    sales@advancedlaseroflouisiana.com
    Instagram - advancedlaser_of_la

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedLaser View Post
    I want to make sure I am reading this right. You are saying you have had a Glock inertia fire ? Details.
    Bubba must have "worked" on that Glock.

Marksman

User Info Menu

So curious how does this happen with a striker block safety?

I have to think the trigger is moving due to inertia or something coming in contact with the trigger.

the newer models of the P320 copied Glock somewhat with a striker safety to prevent this.

if properly holstered in a kydex or good operating leather holster the trigger is protected. It could move rearward, hence the trigger blade safety as on most striker fired guns.

most striker fired guns are *condition one*. Some do have the trigger safety blade and a manual safety.

Marksman
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Bubba must have "worked" on that Glock.
    I am waiting for this answer. (rolling eyes)
    Advanced Laser Engraving of Louisiana
    sales@advancedlaseroflouisiana.com
    Instagram - advancedlaser_of_la

Marksman

User Info Menu

I dont believe that for a second unless it was a modified gun. Its mechanically impossible to make a oem Glock fire without pulling the trigger.
    Last edited by Jstudz220; October 9th, 2021 at 12:15 PM.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

II have had my Glock do the same thing

Marksman

User Info Menu

I figured he wouldn’t come back and say anything. Theirs one thing in the gun world worst than Glock fan boys it’s the Glock haters. They will literally make up lies and BS in an attempt to discredit Glock. I never did understand this. Chances are he doesn’t even own a Glock. Typically these are your fudds that are in love with 1911’s or wheel guns.
    Last edited by Jstudz220; October 10th, 2021 at 09:53 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Safety on the trigger is one of the dumbest things I have seen in my life on a firearm. It reminds me of old WWII Russian guns that had no safety at all. Their thinking was like many, "Just don't pull the trigger". Well when that trigger gets snagged on something or you draw the gun and accidentally drop it things happen. As for me I dropped the Glock when using snap caps. When I went to grab it bam my finger hit the trigger and it when off like nothing. It was not even a complete pull back either. Two of my fingers went into the trigger guard in front of the trigger. I am not in the habit of dropping firearms but it happens. Not one person who shoots has not had it happen a time or two. All of my striker fires that do not have additional safeties are range guns now. No round in the chamber until it is point down range.