Meplat

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon64 View Post
    Safety on the trigger is one of the dumbest things I have seen in my life on a firearm. It reminds me of old WWII Russian guns that had no safety at all. Their thinking was like many, "Just don't pull the trigger". Well when that trigger gets snagged on something or you draw the gun and accidentally drop it things happen. As for me I dropped the Glock when using snap caps. When I went to grab it bam my finger hit the trigger and it when off like nothing. It was not even a complete pull back either. Two of my fingers went into the trigger guard in front of the trigger. I am not in the habit of dropping firearms but it happens. Not one person who shoots has not had it happen a time or two. All of my striker fires that do not have additional safeties are range guns now. No round in the chamber until it is point down range.
    SMH. It took you this long to come up with this? You pulled the trigger and the gun fired if what your saying isn’t just completely made up. You should look into how Glocks work mechanically. The gun will not fire without a full trigger pull. I’ll give you a hint. The trigger safety isn’t the only safety mechanism on the gun. It has 3 safety mechanisms.

https://us.glock.com/en/learn/glock-...-action-system

as far as the 320 goes the gun had some issues and sig dropped the ball imo doing a * voluntary parts upgrade* some people including sig swear it’s safe now but I’ve seen some videos online of people still getting the gun to inertia fire with the * parts upgrade *. That doesn’t excuse the guy for putting a loaded gun into a bag and to boot it wasn’t even in a holster. The guy was an idiot in this situation.
    Last edited by Jstudz220; October 13th, 2021 at 06:56 AM.

LSP Instructor #2119

Premium Member

User Info Menu

When I went to grab it bam my finger hit the trigger and it when off like nothing.
    This is not an accidental discharge, this is a negligent discharge -- you tried to catch a falling, loaded gun and pulled the trigger in the process. Had you just let the gun fall to the ground, it would not have discharged. Very lucky for you and your family and/or neighbors that it was loaded with a snap cap and not a live round.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by southerncanuck View Post
    This is not an accidental discharge, this is a negligent discharge -- you tried to catch a falling, loaded gun and pulled the trigger in the process. Had you just let the gun fall to the ground, it would not have discharged. Very lucky for you and your family and/or neighbors that it was loaded with a snap cap and not a live round.
    What He Said.

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Why would anyone have a "loaded" gun in a "range" bag? I wouldn't do or allow that on my private range!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    January 20, 2021 : "Democrats! You can now resume, making America SHIT again!"

enthusiast

User Info Menu

I know honey island doesn’t allow loaded guns in the bags. Outside of my carry gun. My other guns are unloaded
    Stephen

Marksman

User Info Menu

I agree loaded gun in a range bag is stupid. I am also aware of all the glock safety measures. I just do not trust them and never will.

Salt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jstudz220 View Post
    I figured he wouldnít come back and say anything. Theirs one thing in the gun world worst than Glock fan boys itís the Glock haters. They will literally make up lies and BS in an attempt to discredit Glock. I never did understand this. Chances are he doesnít even own a Glock. Typically these are your fudds that are in love with 1911ís or wheel guns.
    Based alpha chad here. Be careful how you shit talk 1911 and wheel guns: they have effectively killed far more bad bois than Glocks. Be based, but do not drag your bias that somehow Glocks are everyone's favorite flavor because they are far from perfection. I would rather carry a wheel gun than a Glock, and sure as hell prefer a properly manufactured 1911A1.

I carry a SIG P320 variant and the trigger mass has issues and from what I have read was reworked to resolve the early issues. It looks like the OP subject has a trigger mod I would guess this is part of the problem. Second issue is in the range environment you need to make clear and safe and when you stow your guns in range bags they should be unloaded unless they are going into an EDC holster: in which case they should be point safely down range and chambered and holstered. My P320 has the new safety mods, if yours does not get it in asap. The aftermarket triggers typically make SIGs less reliable and become problematic in some way versus the oem triggers. I have heard the same for Glock
    but never will own one unless they make some ergonomic changes and a few others component changes I refuse to cope with in a pistol that I hang near my gonads. OP restore your oem trigger and ensure its not in recall, and stop stuffing loaded guns into your range bag..

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Core View Post
    Based alpha chad here. Be careful how you shit talk 1911 and wheel guns: they have effectively killed far more bad bois than Glocks. Be based, but do not drag your bias that somehow Glocks are everyone's favorite flavor because they are far from perfection. I would rather carry a wheel gun than a Glock, and sure as hell prefer a properly manufactured 1911A1.

I carry a SIG P320 variant and the trigger mass has issues and from what I have read was reworked to resolve the early issues. It looks like the OP subject has a trigger mod I would guess this is part of the problem. Second issue is in the range environment you need to make clear and safe and when you stow your guns in range bags they should be unloaded unless they are going into an EDC holster: in which case they should be point safely down range and chambered and holstered. My P320 has the new safety mods, if yours does not get it in asap. The aftermarket triggers typically make SIGs less reliable and become problematic in some way versus the oem triggers. I have heard the same for Glock
    but never will own one unless they make some ergonomic changes and a few others component changes I refuse to cope with in a pistol that I hang near my gonads. OP restore your oem trigger and ensure its not in recall, and stop stuffing loaded guns into your range bag..
    just curious here but where did you get me saying everyone should carry a Glock and as you put it they are * everyone’s favorite flavor*

enthusiast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Core View Post

I have no dog in this fight, but given the couple reviews he's posted on taurus's. I would imagine that would not qualify him as a glock fan boy.....
    Stephen

Marksman
    Site Sponsor

User Info Menu

I would not trust any striker fire pistol. I have had my Glock do the same thing when seeing if I could make it accidentally discharge with Snap Caps. These sigs seem to be really bad. If it was a P220 type this would not have happened. How many of use get into a situation where you do not need a safety for the first shot? Not many.
    You do realize you changed your story when we called out out, right ? First you were seeing if you could make it accidentally discharge, then you dropped it and caught it and then you pulled the trigger on your own.

Your story sounds very made up. Who carries snap caps chambered in a gun in their bag. Were you testing it (with snap caps) for drop safety, or was it an accidental drop and you pulled the trigger.

I am going to guess your mouth overtook your ass on this one. Here is where you just say "my post was a mistake" and stop. But I am guessing you will dig this hole deeper.
    Advanced Laser Engraving of Louisiana
    sales@advancedlaseroflouisiana.com
    Instagram - advancedlaser_of_la