Ready, Shoot, Aim!

User Info Menu

Happy Columbus Day!

So, I know I'll catch flack for this because the "new" historians are on a rampage against him and are on a quest to remove all statues of him. It really doesn’t matter to me if he was good or not. He was willing to do something that most people thought 700 years ago thought impossible to do. And yes, he was probably a bit "harsh" to the indigenous people who were NOT as pure as the White driven snow! Also, What do I care if George Washington or Thomas Jefferson owned slaves or this person did this or that. What is that to me or anybody else alive today? I don’t get this sudden urge to scrub and sanitize history. So Columbus wasn’t a Saint, but who is except Jesus.....but they nailed him to a cross!!

Marksman

User Info Menu

I don’t think it’s so much as historians trying to remove him because he wasn’t a saint and more so the fact that the Viking Lief Eriksson was proven to discover American some 500 years before Columbus.

https://www.history.com/news/the-vik...bus-to-america

Marksman

User Info Menu

I thought Columbus made land fall in the Caribbean and never set foot on what is now the US

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Forget about the Democrats and the Republicans . Leave them out of it . Columbus did not " discover " America . Nor was he the only European to sail around trying to " discover " something . History can be a very convoluted thing .
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .

Marksman

User Info Menu

I like how the New History says that Columbus gave the Indians contaminated blankets & he knowingly infected them trying to kill them. Do they know that it was more than 300 years later that the Germ theory was proposed but Columbus should have known better.
    The Woke crowd won’t be happy till the history books say Al Sharpton discovered Merica.

I will give you my Red Rider Carbine Action 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle when you Pry it From My Cold Dead Hands
    Your Political Correctness is an Attack on my Free Speech

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    Forget about the Democrats and the Republicans . Leave them out of it . Columbus did not " discover " America . Nor was he the only European to sail around trying to " discover " something . History can be a very convoluted thing .
    Bingo!

LEO

User Info Menu

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jstudz220 View Post
    Bingo!

Come on man!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Things like this make my stomache turn!!!! .....You should expect something like this coming from the "chocolate city". Am surprised more of this hasn"t already happened to a greater degree. ....... Wonder if the tables were turned would they be fighting to keep their ancestors statues in public view with the same vigor????................................... drill sgt.