Bz Is Closed!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bhp9mm

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 26, 2007
    slidell,la
    well give him a prize he told us something before it happen and stop kissing his ass he was a jerk when he first started tell us this :rofl:

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    how many pepole think he just printed them on a printer and glued them to some card bord so he could say he told ya so
    I think I will still go look for myself

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    There are signs posted and there was a fisheries service car parked there
    of course I would not believe everything I read, but it does have the ring of truth to it. IIRC, when this was first posted about, one of the bs members called about it and was also told that they would be closing it. I put my money on it being closed.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Guys there is a public boat launch down the road by the pond so need to be nervous going out there now stopping to shoot might be a different issue. Now where will I practice my drive bys?:rofl:

.308 special

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Ocean Springs Ms
    i wonder wear he is hiding now he has not droped in to tell us he told us so

Im running the show from Washington DC right now and guys, they are real signs that say area closed and more signs on the way, these signs will mark the boundary of the entire area including the boat launch, and they will be Yellow and only about 4inx4in

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I am surprised it stayed open as long as it did with no real safety rules in place. I have not shot out there in years but it was a place where you can go and not spend your day waiting for others like at H.I.

.308 special

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Ocean Springs Ms
    A douche? He was perfectly respectable and EVEN suggested several other places to shoot. Obviously he did know something you didn't. The BZ is closed, and he told you it would be. The guy never once threatened any of us. He didn't say he'd lock us up and turn us into gimps. He didn't pound on the table like a government czar. How can you misinterpret someone so badly.

Thanks TL, all I wanted to do was to INFORM you fellas of what was about to happen and what will continue to happen to the BZ, believe me, I dont have a big ego and my head aint swollen, it is truly sad, but everything happens for a reason, who knows, someone may have ended up dead or wounded if it were to continue. Then again maybe nothing would have happened. Only the Lord knows

bhp9mm

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 26, 2007
    slidell,la
    people can get hurt at any real range and it happens all the time some people even rent guns and kill there self and others and they have all kinds of rules

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    Maybe one of the RO from HI can chime in. I have talked to some while shooting and have been told of quite a few accidents on the rifle range there. Any ever hear of someone being hurt while at the BZ?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Wow

Maybe one of the RO from HI can chime in. I have talked to some while shooting and have been told of quite a few accidents on the rifle range there. Any ever hear of someone being hurt while at the BZ?

A couple of months ago on the rifle range at Honey Island, one of the old farts that was the RO that day called the line hot will I was still at the berm. I heard the megaphone and I started to yell. One of the shooters saw me, they did not hear me because they had hearing protection on. The shooters started to yell and they called the line cold. The old fart thought it was funny and it was my fault because I was wearing a brown shirt. He told me something along the lines of "I'm lucky they didn't start shooting". I told him "so was he."

Accidents can happen anywhere.

JR1572

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Ther is no reporting or accountability at BZ. For all we know, 28 drunk, uninsured idiots took a non genepool cleaning shot and limped back to their truck as they carreid the remainder of the beer.

Dude you weren't there! It was only 13 of us. We were only buzzed. We finished the beer, shot the bottles and the idiot had insurance. It wasn't any bodies fault, nobody warned any body about single point slings.

It doesn't matter either way. If the land owner wants to make it off limits it is their perogative. They don't have to justify anything to any one.

I had fun the times I went.

Now it would be interesting to know the inside story. Maybe We can support the local ranges better.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    people can get hurt at any real range and it happens all the time some people even rent guns and kill there self and others and they have all kinds of rules

True but those ranges have insurance and such. Its a big liability when people start hanging out and shooting on land. It sucks that they shut it down. Like I said....I have not been out there in a few years cause I shoot on my GF's land in Picayune. Its hard enough finding a place to shoot. I dont really care for Honey Island because if im out there shooting for accuracy it makes a rather long and slow day waiting on people to finish shooting hundreds of rounds through an AK or AR. Now......when im out there with my AKs or ARs that is another story. :D

Charlie Xray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Not having read this thread, I showed up there this AM to find no vehicles parked along the road. "Hot dog! We have the place to ourselves!"

And then we saw the signs. And they have been very generous with putting them up!

CX

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    Are they the cheap ones from wallyworld?He said a crew would be there friday not a guy with a staple gun and if it was a tree hugger that wants to convert it back to nature would they really pin it to trees or would theu put up a nice sighn on a pole?Like they do any other sighn out there.

Re-read my post. There was a government vehicle there. It's not some prank.

I will still go sunday to see for myself.I cannot see them putting up cheap plastic generic sighns hanging on trees.If it is true Im gonna go beat up the pistol plates at HI.But I still dont belive it.

see above. It's true.

Im running the show from Washington DC right now and guys, they are real signs that say area closed and more signs on the way, these signs will mark the boundary of the entire area including the boat launch, and they will be Yellow and only about 4inx4in

:bowrofl: Running the show from D.C. That's great; just what we need. How much is the closure costing us tax payers. :rofl:
    "They" didn't follow your orders. The signs are not as you describe.

dtknowles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I went out to the BZ this morning. Saw the signs and thought about shooting and did actually fire a few rounds but packed up and lock the guns in the truck. I went back down in the pit to pick up the brass. While I was picking up the brass a Sheriff showed up, asked what I was doing. I told him I was picking up brass. He said that was OK, just no shooting. He told me the Navy is behind the closure. The boat launch will remain open. The 4 wheelers will still be OK. He said his concern has been that the 4 wheelers might get shot because of the people who shoot on the other side of the road. One thing that has always bothered me was the way many people were shooting, their bullets would ricochet out of the pit, it is the shooters responsibility to make sure his bullets stop in a safe place. I also had a problem with the people who brought stuff out there and shot it up and left it. They should have gotten tickets for littering and illegal dumping. I had a problem with the people who shot up the benches and chairs too, fools. This had been a good thing for decades and now partially because of this site and the BZ increased popularity it is over.

Top Bottom