I Finally Got A Red Glock!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    It's a 22P, which is exactly what I was after. I don't own a .40S&W at all, so it simplifies the whole process of segregating mags, dummies, etc

3790547497_6865c3f8af.jpg

3790547585_f5b2cb553b.jpg

Of course, I broke the factory plastic sights off doing one-hand gun work during class last weekend. It has XS Big Dots on it now.:cool:

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    The red Glocks are fully functional but non-firing units. The barrel has a chamber but is not bored out beyond it. Forward of the chamber, the barrel has holes milled through it [as in the second pic]. There is no hole in the breechface for a striker to pass through.

They were designed as a teaching tool by Glock. Being Glock, they won't sell them to private individuals or to individual police officers, only to agencies. And the stupid things sell for more than a real Glock.

Of course, since Glock said I couldn't have one, I had to get one. It took awhile and I had to do some horsetrading, but finally I have my precious...:naughty:

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    So.... They will load a live round in the chamber for training purposes?

You could put a live round in the chamber, but it couldn't be fired.

Personally, I prefer dummy rounds. That's one of the reasons that I wanted the .40S&W version. I don't own a .40, don't have any .40 ammo around, etc.

Currently, I've got an old orange Glock 22 training mag and a modified GAP Enterprises base plate that's been trimmed, painted orange & put on a Glock 22 mag to use with this thing. I use the ST Action Pro dummy rounds.

I'm planning to paint a couple of base pads red for use exclusively with this thing.

If you plan to teach any sort of stoppage reductions, you have to be able to chamber a round, whether it's going to be done with live ammo or dummies.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Gomez,

Are the blue glocks as hard to get as the red ones?

JR1572

Yeah. A Glock 17T [blue frame simmunition gun from Glock] is the same BS as the a Glock 22P/17P [P is for 'Practice'].

Originally Posted by Akajun:
    Im guessing these can be made to fire with a proper slide and barrel?

Yes, the red frame is fully operational. You could mount a regular top-end on it and it would function. I've seen at least one competitive shooter track down a red frame and build a race-gun on it.:D

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    you talking about the solid blue guns or the ones with the blue frames? those are their Simunition guns... very fun!!!!

I was going to mention these. I've never seen the red ones, but the blue simunition guns are cool training tools.

Right up till you get shot in the A$$ by one!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom