Gators

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcglp

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Livingston
    Anyone hunting gators this year? I have 64 tags in the maurapas mgt. Prices are terrible this year and not many people buying. I guess this is from the "change"

missingAZ

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Morgan City
    jcglp,

Do you offer guided gator hunts? I'm new to LA would like to do it but I don't know much about it or what it involves equipment wise. I am pretty sure I could convince a few friends to go also. Have guns will travel...

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Ive got six tags, in Plaquemines parish.

Paid hunts on managment area I do belive is illegal for any and all wildlife.

If you need some help let me know; but yeah the prices suck.

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    Too many gator farms, that is what is dropping the price. I've got a friend I help out during the season, been doing it over 20 years, with the price where it is now we are thinking of taking the year off. Too much work for not enough money.

jcglp

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Livingston
    I wish we could take people guided hunts but the state will not allow that on the WMA. Has anyone heard anything on prices? 2 weeks ago they were saying 2 to 3 dollars a foot for under 6 foot. Alot of buyers are not taking anything under 7 foot. This might be a short season this year. I may keep a few and skin them myself. Its pretty easy. You blow them up with a air compressor and it pops the skin off.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    I have always wanted to go. I know its not legal to do paid hunts, but if anyone would be willing to take me i would make it worth your while, gas, food, beer, ammo, whatever else.

I have been hunting deer, turkey and elk since i was 12 but i have always wanted to hunt gators and hogs

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    I wish we could take people guided hunts but the state will not allow that on the WMA. Has anyone heard anything on prices? 2 weeks ago they were saying 2 to 3 dollars a foot for under 6 foot. Alot of buyers are not taking anything under 7 foot. This might be a short season this year. I may keep a few and skin them myself. Its pretty easy. You blow them up with a air compressor and it pops the skin off.

MY dad skins gators for a farm and this is what they do. His crew (6 or 7 people) skin each 100-120 4-5 ft gators from 6:30-12 o'clock. Thats reallllly fast, it would take a newbie about 2 days to do that.

Top Bottom