WTB cheap 9mm or .40 in baton rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beyond static

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2007
    Waton
    I'm looking for a cheap pistol (under $150) to bring with me on a trip next week so I don't have to worry about getting it stolen/confiscated from my luggage or hotel room. I don't want to chance it with my Glock.

Thanks
    Kyle

Slow

I Support Human Culling
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    where are you going that you have a fear of having it confiscated from your luggage or hotel room?

beyond static

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2007
    Waton
    I dont fear it, just don't want to take a chance. I've read up on the laws on how to bring a gun when you fly commercially,but some airlines have different restrictions, and I also don't want to chance someone in the back looking through my luggage and stealing it. The same reason I wouldnt leave expensive jewelry or electronics in my luggage. Plus I want something cheap to keep in my truck.

Slow

I Support Human Culling
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    i saw a little stubbed nose .38 the other day at a pawn shop for about that price, thats probably where you are going to have to look

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    you coulda had your pick of the litter of hi points and jiminez arms at the gonzales show last week.

I call dibs on your real guns when your saturday night special blows up in your hand :-D

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Invest the $150 in a lock box for your truck and a pair of Smith & Wesson handcuffs. Cuff the pistol to the piping under the sink in the hotel. That's Massad Ayoob's technique.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    if you want a "cheap" pistol you don't want an auto, too many ways for it to fail. Look for something like was mentioned above, an older S&W .38 - something beat up and ugly, but performs flawlessly. It will do everything you want it do and do it safely.

beyond static

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2007
    Waton
    Thanks guys. I saw some of those high-points at the gun show a while back. They look like those $30 airsoft guns. lol I guess pawn shops will be my best bet. I just hate haggling with those guys

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Polizzi
    Top Bottom