3.5 days left to opening of Archery season... Who's ready?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I'm beginning to regret not having gotten ready physically for this but everything else is in check. Found a couple good spots. Going back up the day before to drop off and secure my stand and will hunt Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :eek3:

Last edited:

BRMedic

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Henderson, CO
    Private near minden and in texas w/ my father and some friends. Texas is a new lease that started up this year no ones hunted it in years and looks very promising

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    I really want to get into bowhunting but think I would need quite a bit of practice before taking my skills into the woods. oh yeah... and I need a bow. lol

Actually been looking at a few different ones to not break the bank.

They have a Parker Extreme Ultra-Lite 31 package on sale at www.huntersfriend.com that I have been looking at... just don't have the money right now to take the plunge.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I really want to get into bowhunting but think I would need quite a bit of practice before taking my skills into the woods. oh yeah... and I need a bow. lol

Actually been looking at a few different ones to not break the bank.

They have a Parker Extreme Ultra-Lite 31 package on sale at www.huntersfriend.com that I have been looking at... just don't have the money right now to take the plunge.

Sell a gun. :D

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Found a couple spots on the Pearl River, a few in the WMA and a couple in Big Branch. Now the question is....where am I going to go opening day??? I can live with not seeing a deer, but having other hunters walk in on me ruins my day.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Getting some feedback from seasoned hunters saying that opening weekend to bow season can be hazardous due to squirrel hunters.

Just curious if anyone here can relate to that or not?

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    JUst to let all the Bow hunters aware, I have 2 Barnett crossbows one is very old the other is very new , and i like it a lot , but the old one ,broke a part on it ,so i brought it to Bowie Outfitters in Baton Rouge and the young man told me that Barnett was out off business and no longer made Bows ,and I needed to purchase a new bow ,well barnett is not out off business. I hate People who lie....

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    JUst to let all the Bow hunters aware, I have 2 Barnett crossbows one is very old the other is very new , and i like it a lot , but the old one ,broke a part on it ,so i brought it to Bowie Outfitters in Baton Rouge and the young man told me that Barnett was out off business and no longer made Bows ,and I needed to purchase a new bow ,well barnett is not out off business. I hate People who lie....

Most of the guys at bowie's hate crossbows and want nothing to do with them.

Top Bottom