Idiot's Guide to Class III in Louisiana

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    can someone put together something like an idiot's guide to C3 in louisiana for those of us coming late to the party? i'm looking to get my first can and am trying to piece together information. :mad:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I can put something together. The hard part is over for me and my stamp should be back in 3 or 4 weeks. It was a nightmare since I didn't know a few details on the process that are really important (like having the correct agency ORI info on the fingerprint cards). My next transfer should be a breeze.

Here is my initial writeup and first impressions of it when it came in at Redstick:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/teddysmith/sets/72157603178519824/

Anyone interested in trying my Blackside out in a few weeks? I am looking for a safe outdoor location to shoot it.

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Sorry if I'm out of line or if there's one up elsewhere but have you been able to put together the steps to get a class 3 item? I'm going by Belsco in Lafayette tomorrow just to check out some things there and I know they can help with the process but I was hoping to hear it from the consumer side.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Yeah.. I would like to have one as well...

I want to move my daughter up to a bigger caliber weapon but Im afraid the noise will bother her... She was not happy when I fired my AR around her.. But we all know the AR is mostly noise...:D

Hell a silenced AR would be badass...:cool:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2545

Step 1: Decide what you want to buy, find a dealer who has it or can order it, and pay him for it.

That's all you need to know right now. A month down the road if you are lucky, 6 months down the road if you are unlucky, and you can start on step 2.

I just submitted my paperwork for my 5.56mm AAC M4-2000. Step 1 on that can was started in February!

Don't worry, if you take it one step at a time it's really a breeze. If you look at everything that needs to be done all at once it'll seem overwhelming and you'll probably never get started. At best, this will take 6 months to complete and there is absolutely nothing you can do to hurry it up. So don't get in a hurry. It took me 10 years of looking at the steps online and visiting dealers before Will at Red Jacket finally pushed me over the edge and said "That'll be $598.50". I said, uhh.. but what about.. blah blah. He looked at me like I was an idiot (I was) and said "I just need cash or a credit card. Don't worry about anything else."

Top Bottom