Seeking 1000 meter shooting land...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Im seeking some land to shoot 1000 meter shooting on, will pay cash for land use, want 2000 meters but will be happy to find 1000m , Will buy the land if needed, but would prefer to just pay cash for use. Not for just playing around, but serious 1000+ meter shooting, will build a Benchrest and Target stands with Video, land owner can keep when our agreement ends.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Why not just join one of the ranges with 1000m, I believe you have at least two within 4-5 hours of you?

If you find something close by let me know I would like in.

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Prefer to have a private area, no offense but guys lobbing in rounds from an AK trying to "hit the target" kinda has a negative effect on my concentration,lol. If i find something ill definately be inviting others, What do you shoot? ... please dont say an AK,lol.

No offense to the AK guys, but each weapon has its uses, i wouldnt take my 30-378 into the jungle,lol.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Not close to you (Shreveport), but I am a Range Safety Officer here: http://lra-tti.com

Only 1000 range in the State, including .mil bases.

You would not be near others on the 1000 range. Most people use the 100/200s for shooting. You do have to prove you can shoot that far before we let you loose (hold an NRA High Power certificate, for example, or attend one of our qual courses).

If you are ever up this way you can be my guest there.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I've got a .308 I would be shooting. If I get enough back on my taxes I will be getting a .338

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Don't like AKers?
    They (Fuds) didn't like me Rapid firing at Honey Island ether...

But they couldn't say anything, cause my offhand rapid fire was making headshots at 100...

There is a Hi Power 1,000 range in Pascagoula, and I believe one just north of McComb (Near Jackson)

I KNOW the one in Pascagoula is regulated like I believe you want.
    But they won't let me shoot my Barrett there... no .50's allowed.

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Hey LC that sounds good, I have my Whittington Center Card and Certs, if that helps. But if qualification on the range is required, im always willing to show off,lol. My .257 is finding a 2.7" 3rnd @ 1050 meters, so i can hit the paper,lol. I dont range compete, my long range shooting is mainly for hunting records. Just need to test a new barrel and some loads for the fall Mtn to Mtn shooting.

Cajun, .308 is a great caliber for 1000 meter shooting. Too many guys switching to .50cal stuff, just not that impressive to me, i prefer .30 cal shooting, its more surgical. I have some loads for the .308 that ive tested that might help out, be glad to share. Best ive found in my 30-378 has been the Retumbo loads @180 but im putting on a new McGowan Barrel right now, hoping to get some better loads out of the 165gr Barnes xlc.

Best shooting im getting at 1000-1500 meters believe it or not is from my .257 Weatherby 70gr IMR7828 hornady 100gr spire, shooting a standard Accumark Fluted 28. Out performing my 30-378 , but i think the new heavier barrel will make the difference. I still want to keep it in the Sporter setup, not into bench guns. I was shooting to 2800 meters at the Whit in NM, and my ranch In Southern Col. so now that im here in LA, im dying,lol. SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Nomad...

Hey i didnt say i didnt like AKers,lol i just said its a different kind of shooting, hey i like to rip off a few rounds from my autos too, but i dont expect to hit a .22 rimfire brass at 400 meters with one lol. I was like many other guys when i was young, watched the movies, saw the kill shots at 800 meters with some guy and an AR, I thought Hell yea!! then i become 10 and found out it wasnt true,lol........ and where can i buy a Rambo 4600 round clip???

In Novermber 1987, i watched a man Raise his Model 700 BDL 30-06 and look thru the Redfield scope, squeezing the trigger moments before seeing the Whitetail buck fall at over 900 yards while on a dead run. That day was the greatest thing i ever saw, from a man who will not only in my eyes be one of the greatest marksman in the world, but to many others as well, stories of him in Outdoor life and Field and stream, and so many more around the table the night before buck season with men sitting around telling their tales. My Father just as many other Fathers, will always be, the greatest marksman ever. I guess how i grew up has alot to do with what weapons i use, probably alot of people can say the same. My family have always been hunters, and no always when it was season,lol. Stories of my father having to hunt before school so the family had dinner, and hunting with 2 bullets in his pocket. I look at the NRA match rifle .22 cal 1917 rifle my father and his father before him used everyday, and wonder how many squirrel dinners and amazing shots are stored away in its story. Yes i still take it out and shoot it, and each time i do, i get the feeling, with each incredibly accurate shot, someone is guiding my aim. My father is still alive, 72 yrs old and is always ready to break out the coffee and tell stories or break out the ammo and make some more. I just hope i can do as much for my Son, as he did for his.

Why do i shoot Distance?, i guess because the greatest always try for the impossible, and every one in a lifetime, they suceed.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Hey LC that sounds good, I have my Whittington Center Card and Certs, if that helps. But if qualification on the range is required, im always willing to show off,lol.

You don't have to qual at the range, necessarily, we just need some way to solidly verify that the people we let shoot that far out aren't going lodge lead in the neigbors' siding. :rofl:

PM me with a little notice if you want to come up this way, and I will try to sort it out. You could also call or contact me via the link on lacarry.org.

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    nope...

Ummm nope,. no chance of me lodging lead into anything... Weatherby goes clean thru,lol j/k. I appreciate the offer and i am certainly going to come up that way and shoot, when is the best time? im retired now so i can come just about anytime. Id also like info on joining if thats available also. again thank you very much!

You don't have to qual at the range, necessarily, we just need some way to solidly verify that the people we let shoot that far out aren't going lodge lead in the neigbors' siding. :rofl:

PM me with a little notice if you want to come up this way, and I will try to sort it out. You could also call or contact me via the link on lacarry.org.

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Nomad.. oh i know that, lol , i used to have one of those sks jobs,lol was a blast! and who can forget the ruger 10/22 with the 50rnd clip??

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom