I want to sbr and suppress a gsg-5

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    actually, I head that it is Umarex making them, which is the company that is making the Colt "tactical" AR.22.

That's true, not rumor. Umarex the airsoft company is definitely making them.

Every store I've seen that is listing them has them listed with the Colt's.

Hopefully the quality improves because there are a lot of reports of reliability issues with the Colt. Not to mention the charging handle does work and etc.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Cheap pot metal castings. For $500 you could buy a better .22. Maybe not cooler, but better.

I have to admit that I own a GSG 5PK. Thought about SBRing it but by the time I spend $450 for the pistol, $200 stamp, $300 for the stock and front vert grip, $50 suppressor thread adapter, $200 on extra mags to shoot long enough to make it fun without reloading, I wind up with $1200 invested in a 22. While it would be on of the coolest looking .22 setups I could build a dedicated .22 AR complete for less. Thought about selling it but then the announcement about no more coming into the U.S. made me hold on to it.

I decided to SBR an old 10/22 and make a pocket rifle. Tax included I will have about $450 in it.

Last edited:

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    How about an AR-15/22 like one of these? Single Stamp gun.

This thing runs like a top, and quite too...

Now if only someone would make a mag loader for these pattern mags.

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

Last edited:

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Has anyone used HR Gunworks in Baton Rouge? They manufacture and sell an 8.27" barrel for the GSG-5, as well as a front sight mounted threaded adapter.

Thats Blackie. Real nice guy but the barrels are not worth the money in these guns, imop. and I actually have one.

There are better ways to thread the barrels with no adapter.

Here's one of mine. 35K rounds at least. Runs like a champ
    003-1.jpg

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    That loader will not work on the AR type mags. It is a smaller version on the uplula for pistol mags sized down for .22. I don't have the BDM loader but made my own by modifying the butler creek loader like BDM did but have a different wat to hold the mag in place. Works like a dream.

Sorry OP for taking the thread off topic. I will try to post pics of my loader in another thread.

Last edited:

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    That loader will not work on the AR type mags. It is a smaller version on the uplula for pistol mags sized down for .22. I don't have the BDM loader but made my own by modifying the butler creek loader like BDM did but have a different wat to hold the mag in place. Works like a dream.

Sorry OP for taking the thread off topic. I will try to post pics of my loader in another thread.

No your thinking of the baby uplula this one is different its not out yet and will work on the BDM mags. Its actually designed specifically for them.

Last edited:

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Very good. Can't wait to see it. I copied one that someone on the net was selling when BDM ran out of loaders and was not making anymore. It works really well.

Top Bottom