I want to sbr and suppress a gsg-5

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Ugh, while I respect your right to suppress and SBR anything you want, have you really thought about all your other options?

For the same price you could SBR an AR-15 lower, attach a Spikes .22 upper, and have a much higher quality and configurable toy.

feb07-042-small.jpg

If you have already thought about all those options and still want a GSG-5 then my apologies! Go for it and I want to play with it when you are done!

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Ugh, while I respect your right to suppress and SBR anything you want, have you really thought about all your other options?

For the same price you could SBR an AR-15 lower, attach a Spikes .22 upper, and have a much higher quality and configurable toy.

If you have already thought about all those options and still want a GSG-5 then my apologies! Go for it and I want to play with it when you are done!

Agreed, also check out Thompson machine's new offering, the Clandestine C. Its not an SBR, but super quiet, high quality all around, uses Spikes Bolt. 1 Stamp item.

tm221.jpg

I am sure they would be happy to make this an SBR for you as well, they are really helpful, willing to build just about anything you want, and the price is right.

Last edited:

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    If you don't already have the GSG-5, you might wanna' wait a few months.

Since HK's lawsuit, GSG-5's will be out of production and HK's branded .22s are forthcoming. Their quality should be better than the GSG.

The other comments do have definite merit, though. I run my .22LR suppressor on the GSG, a Walther P22, & my ARs (w/ the .22LR conversion unit only). If I had it to do over again I would've bought a 5.56 can, instead of the .22LR one, so that I could've accomplished all of that plus shoot it on my ARs without the conversion kit.

The GSG is a fun little gun though and mine's never failed me.

Good luck!

Last edited:

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    And remember if you go the 5.56 can route to get one you can dissasemble or one that is safe for the dip. Otherwise you will have a lead brick

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I had also heard that GSG would be releasing a new model, obviously it wouldnt look like an HK, but the changes they made are minimal, just getting around the legal issues. Probably be a lot cheaper than the HK version. I would still go the AR-22 route.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom