WTS/WTT Marlin 444 lever-action rifle w/ ammo...SOLD!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    Marlin model 444SS...Mfg. 1996, 22" barrel, blue w/ walnut stock, Williams "FP" series receiver mounted peep sight.

Rifle appears to be unfired..there are a few light handling marks on the stock but they are minor..Includes (5) boxes Hornady LeverEvolution ammo.....$650

Located in New Iberia...Thanks
    View attachment 5213

View attachment 5214

Last edited:

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    I don't think so...It is a Lever-action rifle. I think the NEF Handi-Rifle (crack barrel, single shot) can be used for primitive weapon hunting...??

JWM0915

The Gen Man
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Brusly, Louisana
    Only Single Shot Rifles Guys:The 444 marlin as long as it is in a single shot is approved

L.D.W.F. ISSUES LIST OF APPROVED PRIMITIVE WEAPONS FOR 2008-09 PRIMITIVE HUNTING SEASON
    Release Date: 07/08/2008

In a response to the recent approval of Act 51, which partly consists of changing the language from a muzzleloader season to a primitive firearm season, the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) has issued a list of approved primitive firearms for the 2008-09 Primitive Firearm Season.

All of the approved primitive weapons meet the criteria set forth by the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission as authorized primitive firearms. The criteria is a single shot, breech loading, metallic cartridge rifle with metallic cartridges loaded with either black powder or modern smokeless powder, .38 caliber or larger, of a kind or type manufactured prior to 1900 and replicas, and reproductions or reintroductions of that type rifle having an exposed hammer. The pre-1900 distinction applies only to the firearm and not the ammunition. All approved primitive firearms may be fitted with magnified scopes.

Approved single shot breech loading primitive weapons:

· Sharps rifles or replicas
    · Remington Rollingblock rifles or replicas
    · Ballard rifles
    · Maynard rifles or carbines
    · Burnside carbines
    · Frank Wesson rifles
    · Farrow rifles
    · Remington Hepburn rifles
    · M1873-1888 Springfield (Trapdoor) rifles and carbines and replicas
    · Snider (British) rifles and replicas
    · Wesson & Harrington 1871 rifles
    · New England Firearms or Harrington & Richardson Handi rifles in caliber larger than .38
    · Winchester M1885 Hi Wall or Lo Wall rifles or replicas (Also Browning B78 or 1885) .38 or larger
    · Knight KP-1 in caliber .38 or larger
    · CVA Optima Elite in caliber .38 or larger
    · Traditions Pursuit break-open single shot in .38 caliber or larger

Non-approved single shot breech loading rifles:

· Ruger Number 1 and Number 3 (Reason: No exposed hammer)
    · Thompson Center Contender or Encore Carbines (Reason: Designed after 1900)
    · Mossberg SSi Single Shot Rifle (Reason: No exposed hammer and designed after 1900)

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If it's a single shot design mfr'd prior to 1900, and over .38 cal., yes. In other words, don't hit the woods with a Ruger #1 as a primitive weapon, or you might lose it....:(

Big D

NRA
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    The .444 Marlin is a rifle cartridge designed in 1964 by Marlin Firearms and Remington Arms, so if this is correct there wasn't a rifle built for this cartridge until 1964.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The .444 Marlin is a rifle cartridge designed in 1964 by Marlin Firearms and Remington Arms, so if this is correct there wasn't a rifle built for this cartridge until 1964.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's okay, as long as the rifle design is a single-shot designed prior to 1900, or a replica.....Like the Handi-Rifle (which is what I use in .444 Marlin)....:)

Kook

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    New Iberia

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The pre-1900 distinction applies only to the firearm and not the ammunition.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom