Swiss K-31

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Selling my K-31. Selling for what I have in it, $280.00. Rifle has a very nice stock with the Swiss cross in the stock. Blueing is very good to excellent. Born date is 1943. Has an original sling, dated 1944 and also has the muzzle cover for it. Also includes 35 rounds of Wolf Gold ammo. Just went and shot it Thursday at the Ascension Sheriff's range and it shot great. The ammo is not the bad in price, about $11 dollars a box thru AIM Surplus. The 7.5 x 55 is very close to a .308

I am located in Baton Rouge

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    No, that is what attracted me to this one. It is in really good condition.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    D

You are correct. The rifle is in great condition and functions perfectly. I bought it recently, as I have heard some good things about them. Took it to the range and the things I heard were accurate and true. That said, I have ample supply of 30-06 thru CMP and 35 rounds of 7.5 x 55 and think I would rather get another Garand (HRA) and have one less caliber round to get. I thought of reloading but priced it out and can buy in bulk cheaper than I can reload. I know round cost is less but I would have to do a massive amount of shooting to offset the initial cost of equipment.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I just found it odd. After I shot one that I bought on a whim, I bought 2 more because they shot so well. All of my friends have bought one or more. There are a pile of us that shoot at Palo Alto with K-31s. Most of us bring them to the National Vintage Bolt Rifle Match every year. I cannot say enough nice about them. They will certainly out shoot most M1s (I know I have a number of those too). I can't blame you about wanting an HRA M1, they have the best fit and finish of all. CMP 30-06 ammo is a deal and it is prettty accurate, but it isn't in the same league as GP11. Prices are going up, but the GP11 is actually cheaper than handloading with Sierra Matchkings (the only way to equal GP11 accuracy).

I will keep my eye out for a buyer (Pangris needs one) for you, but I wouldn't part with any of mine.

Dan

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom