M&P (and Glock, XD, AR-15, etc) Stippling *NEW PICS*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    EDIT: Several new pics have been added since starting this thread, check all the pages! :)

This is what happens when I get bored!

wwpkxfbgr4vh7iblsjs9.jpg

5o0q9wqbcs2hfih8ng50.jpg

yng0tc30tofjc2fzwtv.jpg

The front and back straps have a more aggressive pattern, while the fill inbetween on the Compact is a touch milder. I also took a *tiny* bit of material out from the trigger guard and rounded it off where it meets the frame. This makes a HUGE difference in the comfort of the grip. Overall I'm very, VERY happy with it, and plan on stippling everything I own made of plastic. :D

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Awesome what you used? the flat looking tip on the wood burning tool at wally worl in the crafts dept LOL, personally I like the golf ball effect better than the lines but I agree it is got damm addictive.

attachment.php

attachment.php

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I used a combination of different chisel tips. I've tested several different textures on some PMags and so far I like the "sharkskin" type or whatever you call it that I did. I like it because it's grippy as hell but still comfortable to carry all day.

Next I'm gonna experiment making my own tips and see if I can really find my "perfect" texture. I guess I'll have to buy more guns to stipple... :D

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    This is what happens when I get bored!

wwpkxfbgr4vh7iblsjs9.jpg

5o0q9wqbcs2hfih8ng50.jpg

yng0tc30tofjc2fzwtv.jpg

The front and back straps have a more aggressive pattern, while the fill inbetween on the Compact is a touch milder. I also took a *tiny* bit of material out from the trigger guard and rounded it off where it meets the frame. This makes a HUGE difference in the comfort of the grip. Overall I'm very, VERY happy with it, and plan on stippling everything I own made of plastic. :D

could you post some how to and post the p mag pics?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Here's the AR/PMags. I really like the texture on the AR grip and mag, it's not too aggressive but feels like sandpaper and makes a huge difference.

ugwfzmi0vtjokwnwfnuf.jpg

bv6qvh8aznx3x8p3r9r.jpg

e8notmzox042xcc9ls.jpg

This one has a couple different textures on it from just playing around...

p9f7wyvklchjt1op4ap1.jpg

I have some extra tips on the way to hack up...then the fun will really start. :D

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    It is addicting. I really enjoy stippling. After I did all my guns and a couple of others for people on here, I didn't have anymore to do. Guess I'll have to stop spending money on other things and buy more guns.:D

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    You must have one steady hand. It wouldn't be pretty if I took my dremel to a gun lol

:rofl:

You are right though. It has very little to do with the tools and everything to do with a VERY steady hand and a LOT of patience. And the balls to start hacking up a perfectly good gun!

Top Bottom