Suppressor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psychic Bacon

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 17, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I want to start the process to get a suppressor, but I had heard a few times recently that in both Orleans and Jefferson you'd be wasting your time, as sheriff sign offs are all but impossible to get.

Anyone know anything about this? Specifically in Orleans since I assume you need to get it in the parish you live in.

Psychic Bacon

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 17, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Spanky, thank for that. I though sheriff was the only one.

aroundlsu, I have seen mention of trusts and llcs, though I have no idea how that would work. Would you mind giving a brief primer? Or maybe did you already cover that in the topic you posted?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I haven't gone the LLC/trust route personally so I'm not really qualified to write a tutorial about it. I plan to go that way on my next NFA purchase.

But basically, it's the same exact procedure except where you put your name on all the forms, you put the name of the LLC/trust.

If you are ready to make a buy right now I'd call the ATF NFA customer service line. They are very friendly and helpful and have answered every question I've thrown their way. phone 304 616-4500

Psychic Bacon

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 17, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I'm not ready right now, but as soon as tax returns and Bush's blood money get here, it's on.

Thanks though. I'll keep looking into it, and anything I figure out, I'll share.

Top Bottom