Home Invasion Drills

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Seems like an important topic.

Do you have home invasion drills?

Do you at least have home invasion scenarios that you discuss with your family members?

What's your plan?

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Step 1. Draw Weapon
    Step 2. Fire Weapon

Seriously No, My family doesn't have a drill. Of course the rest of my family choses not to believe we live in a world full of bad people. But I try to prepare myself to defend my family. I guess I have to be the Sheepdog when the Wolves come to prey on the sheep.

ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    1) Have gun in hand
    2) Fire at said intruder
    3) Sic Reilley's ass on said intruder after his/her being disarmed

Well, theoretically, that would be the case. Until I purchase said gun, I've got the alarm set, the field hockey stick by the bed, and Reilley hates people approaching the house. He usually barks and lunges at the door. Although there are probably better ways.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    "GET ON THE FLOOR!"

*pray and spray through walls and doors as I run through the house screaming 'RAPE', 'I DON'T WANT YOUR COCAINE', 'GET THAT KNIFE AWAY FROM ME', 'I'M SCARED', 'GUN!!!'*

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    No drills, but I do have a plan. Assuming I can't stop them from coming in, grab the 1911 and the range bag w/ extra mags and the 870 (which has a few rounds on the butt cuff). Trigger the panic button on the alarm in the hall. Get the family into the master bedroom and lock the worthless interior bedroom door. Move them to the master bath and into the shower (its big). Its a custom built with thick tile and concrete backer board on 3 sides and should stop/minimize pistol or shotgun rounds. I cover the door from behind the nightstand (concealment if not cover), the wife calls 911 on the house phone, neighbor (who is federal LEO) on the cell. Wait for reinforcements, shoot if they come through the bedroom door.
    Where it gets interesting is if you THINK you can repel boarders at the door. Or if you don't have time to gather the family and have to clear the house to protect the family. I've got an alarm system that we do arm at night, so at least I'll know if they try to come in.
    Honestly, home invasion is not my primary concern. I've always worried more about some type of riot or looting. Racial/ethnic (not just black/white, but also illegal immigrant), economic, food/fuel shortages, political, police strike, long term power failure, or medical (read up on the Spanish Flu in LA sometime), or weather? I could see any of these happening in the next few years (months?). JPSO (or any other LEO for that matter) is not staffed to handle widespread rioting or looting. If something like that happens and you live in the city do you try to escape with your family, or do you wait it out?

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    1) Call LE
    2) 9rds Federal LE Low Recoil/Low Flash buckshot
    3) 300rds 5.56
    4) 65rds .45acp
    5) 94rds 9mm
    6) 5rds .357mag

All while girlfriend is reloading spent firearms and mags.

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I've got a shotgun and various pistols in reach, shotty has extended tube and federal tactical 00B.

I also have a pitbull who will be very good at licking said intruder to death if the 00B didnt finish him off. :lol: she is a vicious attack dog i tell ya

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Well if they kick open my front door I would think that they would be on top of me pistol whipping me before I had time to react as I sit fairly close to the front door, as that is what I would do. To prepare for a crook or whatever one must think like one. Now if it happens at night the plan is everyone hits the floor except me while I gain fire superiority. Every corner in my bedroom has a loaded firearm 22lr, Mossberg 500, AK, and the wrist breaking .40.

I worry more about being hit headon while minding my own business as someone crosses the center line or the median and gets me, being wrongfully convicted of a crime and last a home invasion. My three biggest fears.

Last edited:

Richierich

RichieRich
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    NoLa
    Personally if i was thinking home defense i would think defense. Steel Frame solid wood or steel doors on any doors coming into house (not kicking them in) , double pane hurricane windows (if they can take 2x4 at over a 100 mph gonna take the thief a bit to get through) and an alarm system (nothing too fancy just do what its supposed to). To take it a step more put the same exterior doors on all bedrooms (alil extra peace of mind), but is something that could be done over time to alleviate some of the cost. Sure its gonna cost several thousand dollars but well spent imo. Hell most of us have spent several thousand on guns alone. When i buy my first house will prolly do something along those lines.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Something to think about when it comes to vinyl siding, in most cases someone can cut their way into your house with a box cutter pulling down the viynl siding, cutting the foam board as that is usually all that is there except in the corners, then pulling out your insulation and then kicking in your sheet rock, in fact a knife isn't even necessary maybe just a hammer as getting through the siding will be the worst part. Hell, you can even kick out a stud for more space. Now, granted the wiring in the wall will be a pain to deal with; but no one said burglarizing a house would be easy.

Just food for thought.

Richierich

RichieRich
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    NoLa
    Something to think about when it comes to vinyl siding, in most cases someone can cut their way into your house with a box cutter pulling down the viynl siding, cutting the foam board as that is usually all that is there except in the corners, then pulling out your insulation and then kicking in your sheet rock, in fact a knife isn't even necessary maybe just a hammer as getting through the siding will be the worst part. Hell, you can even kick out a stud for more space. Now, granted the wiring in the wall will be a pain to deal with; but no one said burglarizing a house would be easy.

Just food for thought.

Who buys a vinyl house poured concrete ftw lol.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Pilings help some. You still have to keep adding mud though. I'd bet the concrete would be too much weight.
    A few months ago I punched through the slab in the master bath to move a drain. The ground was 2 feet under the house in the middle! It touches on the edges only... Not good.

Top Bottom