Savage Mark II TR w/ pics

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Hebert's usually has a lot of match .22 ammo on the shelves, including wolf. Don't remember prices, its been a while since I was in there.

Thanks Richard! I've only been there once, and no hassles. Only went in to pick up a box of GoldDots though. I'll have to swing by there one day before work and see what they have.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    What did you use to shoot that big hole in the top of the target with?:run::run::run:

Haha. I had to go back to see what you were talking about. The targets came with those. I guess for using like a stick pin or something. BTW, I really liked those targets. The color change in the different rings was really cool.

XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Be sure and post your results... I've been wanting to take mine out to 100 yrds but I had no idea what ammo to use so that idea went to the back burner, but I plan to move on with it when I get some better idea about good ammo for that range.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Be sure and post your results... I've been wanting to take mine out to 100 yrds but I had no idea what ammo to use so that idea went to the back burner, but I plan to move on with it when I get some better idea about good ammo for that range.

Will do sir. Like I said, I did shoot at 50 and 100, but didn't really try for a good group. At 50 my average I'd say was around an inch just playing around and at 100 around and inch and a half. I have my scope zeroed for 50yards and was just using my mil dots to hold over at 100. Only problem was it was like 1 and 3/4 mils, not two whole mils, so it was hard to match it the same everytime. Once I get a better selection of ammo I'll actually zero the scope at 100 and see what I can do.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Haha. I had to go back to see what you were talking about. The targets came with those. I guess for using like a stick pin or something. BTW, I really liked those targets. The color change in the different rings was really cool.

That's from when they test the targets. You know, to make sure the bullets will go through...

I don't know about ya'll but I've shot at a few targets that must have been bullet proof. No matter how many times I shot them no bullet holes appeared...

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Www.samplelist.com They have demo A-C. Demo A being as new in box and Demo C being well used. I asked about the one I bought, which was demo A, and they said it was mounted on a rifle for a photoshoot then put back in the box. No rings marks, looked brand new and tracks like it too. :D

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Get the SWFA. Its solid. The Bushnell is a good scope for the money but it feels a bit more cheap, if you know what I mean. The SWFA also has a 42mm obj. Vs. The 40mm on the Bushnell, so get get slightly better light gathering. I can't remember if the Bushnell uses a 1 inch tube or not but the SWFA uses a 30mm so that'd be a one up on the Bushnell as well.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Didnt get a chance to read it all but I've heard alot about that. On the way to Sherburne right now. Hopefully I'll get the chance to try for some groups but my main goal of the day is to get the lady to shoot and enjoy it. Bought some golf balls and tees for her to shoot so maybe she'll enjoy the reaction targets.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.

From seeing a few post about sorting by weight & rim thickness:
    The general consensus is it is not worth the effort.

Almost everyone eventually finds that it is not the best use of their time. There is always someone reinventing that wheel though.

Rimfire Central has more info on the topic. Weighing is less effective as the variance is not traced to the source. If rim thickness varies the guy usually switched to an ammo with less variance on the thickness of the rim.

Top Bottom