I said I want fries with that!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Interesting... Charged with "assault with a deadly weapon." I'm glad it ended that way - nobody hurt, and a scumbag under arrest.

Hypothetically speaking, I wonder how it would've played out had the victim been a CHP holder, and shot the attacker in self-defense? Wanna bet there would have been a torrent of stories touting the fact that they'd shot an "unarmed person"?

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Deadly weapon? Not really. I do, however, think lethal force against someone armed with a stun gun is justified because you could be knocked unconscious or significantly impaired by the shock. At that point the person could do whatever they like to you. I don't know if a jury would agree though.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    In Law Enforcement, if the taser is taken away and the BG gets it, then you are justified in using a real gun...

I specifically asked that to someone as I was curious..

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Mayonnaise and mustard; it's worth fighting for.:p

These gals are a couple of college grads right here. They called to complain about the service after attacking the worker.
    Women arrested after Taser wielded at Wendy's

DAYTONA BEACH -- Two women who thought their order at a Wendy's restaurant this morning had been botched wound up chasing an employee around the eatery with a Taser, police said.

The Daytona Beach women were unable to get a clean shot at the employee and never hit him, police said. The pair fled when the manager of the LPGA Boulevard restaurant said she was calling police, but both were tracked down after one of them called the manager to complain about the service and shared where they were, helping police locate them both, according to a police report.

Melanese Asia Reid, 20, was the one authorities believe was holding the small pink Taser, and she was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. The woman with her friend 23-year-old Katrina Mari-Alyce Bryant, was arrested as a principal in the first degree for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

The incident began just after 10 a.m. Monday, as Reid and Bryant were going through the restaurant's drive-through. The man working the drive-through said the women started to argue with him over the order, and Reid tried to slap him, according to the police report.

He deflected her hand, and then they got out of the vehicle and came into the restaurant, with Reid carrying the Taser, police said. Reid chased the employee around the restaurant with the Taser, and Bryant cheered Reid on, according to the report.

The women told police that they only pulled out the Taser after the employee grabbed one of their arms, and one of the women said they never went into the restaurant.

Reid
    Reid518.JPG

Bryant
    Bryant518.JPG
    http://www.wftv.com/news/23579965/detail.html
    http://www.news-journalonline.com/b...n-arrested-after-taser-wielded-at-wendys.html

:)

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If the person it's used on has a heart condition, it is possible for it to be deadly.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    What I don't understand is how it can be called a deadly weapon when in the hands of a civilian, however it is justifiable for a LEO to use one on a person for the slightest offense.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    For the record, I don't believe this was an actual "Taser" as we know it- probably a close-contact stun gun....

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Here's the one you wouldn't want to be hit by- it will likely kill a man::eek3:
    (I wouldn't want to have been in that holding pen afterwards, either)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px_N2WLE1yo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px_N2WLE1yo[/ame]

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    In Law Enforcement, if the taser is taken away and the BG gets it, then you are justified in using a real gun...

I specifically asked that to someone as I was curious..

Yes but how do the charge her with agg ass w/ a deadly weapon when tasers are distinctly carried because of their LESS that lethal potential??

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Top Bottom