Baton Rouge Newbie

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Hello everyone. I am 19 years old and own three rifles, a lightly modified Ruger 10/22, a scoped Marlin lever action 30-30, and a Savage bolt action .308 rifle with a Nikon Prostaff scope. I have been shooting since I first tried a bolt action .22 when I was 12 and fell in love with it. I spend most of my time either shooting, attending class at LSU for mechanical engineering, or riding my beloved motorcycle, a 2008 Honda CBR600RR.
    If anyone can help me with any information on how to get started with the competition world, I would be very appreciative. I was recommended by a firearms retail clerk that I don't even buy a store AR-15 if I intended to use it for competition eventually, but rather that I should build my own, piece by piece. Is this advice solid?

Last edited:

Chrisp

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Baton Rouge and New Orleans
    Welcome man. I'm in the same boat, just starting to really get into things. I'm also a student at LSU and love it here. Welcome aboard. Let me know if you wanna go shoot sometime or something.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Welcome to the forum.
    Yes, you should build an AR yourself. It's easy, you'll save money, and you'll have higher quality parts of your choosing. There's a few AR build thread active right now, so you can get some info by looking at the conversations there.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Welcome aboard! You came to the right place....Lots of good folks with good info here.

A few BS artists like myself here as well, but you have to take the bad with the good, I guess...:o

(Just kidding on the last part:D)

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Thank you to everyone, I'm already very glad I joined the forum. What are some good beginner competitions? Also Chrisp, PM me for contact info.

Top Bottom