97 arrests at Middle School. Middle School???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    taken from NOLA.COM

Almost 100 Gretna Middle School students arrested this school year, report says
    By The Associated Press
    May 22, 2010, 1:34PM
    There have been 97 student arrests at Gretna Middle School in the current school year, a total that shocked some parents, but didn't seem to surprise one student.

WWL-TV reported Saturday at least one student reported feeling unsafe on the campus. The student, who was not identified to protect him, said there is a lot of gang-related activity, fights, drugs and alcohol at the school.

The young man said a student stabbed him on campus with a sharpened pencil. He said the student was later arrested -- it was one of 63 arrests made for violent offenses at the school this year.

The campus has had up to two full-time officers on patrol who have also suffered from volence.

Gretna officials say two officers have gone on disability and another retired.

Damn. I never thought about home schooling, maybe it is the way to go.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    taken from NOLA.COM

Almost 100 Gretna Middle School students arrested this school year, report says
    By The Associated Press
    May 22, 2010, 1:34PM
    There have been 97 student arrests at Gretna Middle School in the current school year, a total that shocked some parents, but didn't seem to surprise one student.

WWL-TV reported Saturday at least one student reported feeling unsafe on the campus. The student, who was not identified to protect him, said there is a lot of gang-related activity, fights, drugs and alcohol at the school.

The young man said a student stabbed him on campus with a sharpened pencil. He said the student was later arrested -- it was one of 63 arrests made for violent offenses at the school this year.

The campus has had up to two full-time officers on patrol who have also suffered from volence.

Gretna officials say two officers have gone on disability and another retired.

Damn. I never thought about home schooling, maybe it is the way to go.

I'm sure we were close to that or over at our school. The kids aren't always middle school age and some of the 8th graders are 17. It's a lot different than the middle school we went to. Sometimes 8th grade is as high as you can go and they keep coming for free lunch and to find drug contacts.

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    I hear ya man. I remember junior high and there were several "men" attending class. It just seems that we have deteriorated horribly as a society and people just run around acting like savages with no accountability.

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    i went to middle school in detroit. kept a gun in my locker. never for columbine BS but for nearby defense if needed. its effin sad man. i didnt carry a gun around trying to be a thug but kids were brutal there and at the time i found it sufficient. as it turns out i always was away from my locker and had to deal with problems with my hands. this was the late 80 to earlly 90s...... cant see how things could have gotten much better.

my kids are homeschooled. nuff said

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    That place has been an Angola Preperatory for years! My friends mom taught there back when I was in high school in the late 80's, and even then she would say it was a breeding ground for criminals/animals. I know of a GPD officer working that school years ago was severely assaulted and almost shot with his own gun by a 18 yr old 7th grader.:eek: The way the districts are set up, that school is a petri dish of refuse flushed out of the rest of the westbank!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom