anti virus software

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tntorqu

Rating - 66.7%
    1   1   1
    Apr 12, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    Im looking for anti virus software. Thats free and wont take up alot of memory Now i have a bad rep now because my computer keeps freezing up. That symbol that on the front of the computer that looks like a cylinder that keeps blinking always stays solid everytime i go on the internet. Can anyone help me out?

diat150

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    avast is very very good. I installed it the other day to remove some virus's that symantec corporate couldnt handle. oh and its free.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    See my recent thread on this same subject.

The latest version of AVG absolutely KILLED the performance of Danielle's work computer. Also, she kept having miscellaneous lockups, and general weird sh!t happening. It seemed to grow worse over time. AVG was kept up to date at all times.

I removed AVG from Danielle's computer, and IMMEDIATELY all her problems went away. The free version of Avast! was installed next, and has been completely flawless. It runs very cleanly, has a lot of features, automatically updates itself, etc. You can even set it to silently update, getting rid of those annoying (and talking!) popups which I hated. :mad:

It was so good that after all these years, I finally removed the old but very reliable Norton AntiVirus 2002 :eek3: which had been running on my machine, and replaced that with Avast! My machine has also had zero problems, and Avast! is working great.

Here's the latest Avast! Free, the one I have: Click for download

diat150

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    avast also has boot scans, which really helps when you have a virus that cant be deleted. avast will run before the machine boots up and give you the option to delete before the virus is loaded.

zonblitz

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Slidell LA
    sunbeltsoftware.com

VIPRE home.

It's cheap, extremely low on resources and I use it on approximately 200 machines.

Good stuff.

Top Bottom