More leaks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I don't know anything about oil well stuff but they are saying on TV that it appears what we are seeing now is mud in the video. If that is so does this mean as soon as they put mud down the well it is spewing right back out? Duh.

smboudreaux

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Addis, La
    i'm no drilling engineer but i believe whats happens is when they get enough mud or kill fluid back down the pipe with weight of the mud in the pipe will hold the oil & gas down in the formation. cement is pumped in on top of the mud to seal the well off. someone with some well control exp may chime in and give a better explanation

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I did a quick search and I realise that he was on the rig... but I don't have time to go searching through every post.

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    i'm no drilling engineer but i believe whats happens is when they get enough mud or kill fluid back down the pipe with weight of the mud in the pipe will hold the oil & gas down in the formation. cement is pumped in on top of the mud to seal the well off. someone with some well control exp may chime in and give a better explanation

That is pretty much what the plan is from what we are hearing.

Top Bottom