Elderly Chicago Man Shoots, Kills Home Invader

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    http://www.crimefilenews.com/2010/05/rare-day-in-chicago-80-year-old-homer.html

The timing of this shooting coincides with the United States Supreme Court’s expected decision on the controversial gun ban. Legal experts have predicted that McDonald vs. City of Chicago would strike down the gun ban before the court’s summer recess in June.

<SNIP>

The big question’s here are, will they arrest the old couple and hold a Show Trial so other Chicagoans that crime victims that fight back can expect punishment along with a criminal record.

There are some video links on the page as well.

Short version: old guy never reported his .45 despite Chicago's laws. Bad guy broke into home. Bad guy won't ever do it again. Cops are mulling charges of illegal possesion of a firearm. Neighbors think old guy is a hero.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Short version: old guy never reported his .45 despite Chicago's laws. Bad guy broke into home. Bad guy won't ever do it again. Cops are mulling charges of illegal possession of a firearm. Neighbors think old guy is a hero.

I doesn't get more textbook. I bet we don't hear a solitary peep out of that ****-brained Daley. I'd love to see the powers that be go after the man for an "unregistered" gun, but I don't think even they are that stupid.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Short version: old guy never reported his .45 despite Chicago's laws. Bad guy broke into home. Bad guy won't ever do it again. Cops are mulling charges of illegal possesion of a firearm. Neighbors think old guy is a hero.

Old guy needs Denny Crane to bring suit against Daley and the city of Chicago for imposing an illegal law requiring registration of firearms.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Old guy needs Denny Crane to bring suit against Daley and the city of Chicago for imposing an illegal law requiring registration of firearms.

The Heller decision was handed down on June 26, 2008, in the closing days of that year's Supreme Court. I expect MacDonald will be out shortly and Chicago will leave old guy alone.

But they'll probably keep his gun.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    The war veteran has been released after questioning and hasn't been charged with anything.
    I hope it stays that way.
    Last November, someone broke into the home of the 80-year-old Army veteran in East Garfield Park and made off with $100 in cash.

The man vowed never again to be a victim of crime -- and bought a gun
    001-0503083324-gun-owner-sign.jpg

:)

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    As long as public opinion is on the homeowner's side he'll be fine. I doubt they will pursue charges. It shows what guns are good for and undermines the "guns are bad" argument when they save the lives of an elderly couple. I love the elderly lady about 40 seconds in on the second video.

[YOUTUBE]HlcfaVobhxA[/YOUTUBE]

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    Yeah baby. I love to hear about stuff like this. This should be on the national news. I want people to make it clear, see, this is what you get when you break into someone's house.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    There are a lot more armed Chicagoans in the city than King Richie knows about, and the last time an elderly man protected his home with a revolver the story ended up on page 6. Positive press never makes the news and most gun owners know that the home defense gun will be confiscated so the used S&W revolver or Beretta will just have to be sacrificed to the Daley grinders, it's a shame but it beats the alternative.

Judged by 12 is better than carried by 6.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    As long as public opinion is on the homeowner's side he'll be fine. I doubt they will pursue charges. It shows what guns are good for and undermines the "guns are bad" argument when they save the lives of an elderly couple. I love the elderly lady about 40 seconds in on the second video.

[YOUTUBE]HlcfaVobhxA[/YOUTUBE]

Where's the intruders Momma screaming and wailing about her "baby" and how he was on his way to school to study early and heard a person in distress and tried to enter the home to assist/save the person:rolleyes:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Bless his heart. I hope they don't pursue charges against this man- who quite obviously WAS FORCED to use his only available option to protect his family & himself.

It is obscene that they would even consider doing that- but we are talking about Chicago. Daley is a stark-raving lunatic.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    There are a lot more armed Chicagoans in the city than King Richie knows about, and the last time an elderly man protected his home with a revolver the story ended up on page 6. Positive press never makes the news and most gun owners know that the home defense gun will be confiscated so the used S&W revolver or Beretta will just have to be sacrificed to the Daley grinders, it's a shame but it beats the alternative.

Judged by 12 is better than carried by 6.

Please keep us updated if you hear any Chicago scuttlebutt. Was this particular story in the paper?

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    Please keep us updated if you hear any Chicago scuttlebutt. Was this particular story in the paper?

I don't really believe most print in Illinois,(just a bit slanted;)) but if there is anything worthwhile to report, I would refer you to ISRA.org, they follow all anti gun legislation and pro 2nd activity.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Another yob got shot by a resident w/ a handgun and looks like they won't be charging the 80 yr old in Chicago.
    Man shot by resident after breaking into home during cop chase

A South Austin resident shot and wounded a man who crashed through the window of his home while fleeing police early this morning, officials say.

The resident had a valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card and police are not pursuing charges against him, police said.

This is the second time in little more than a week that police have chosen not to pursue charges against someone who shot an intruder, despite Chicago's ban on handguns. On May 26, an 80-year-old East Garfield Park homeowner shot and killed a suspected burglar.
    In today's incident, Aaron Marshall was pulled over by police for a traffic violation in the 300 block of North Pine Street in the South Austin neighborhood on the West Side shortly after midnight, according to Police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak.

Marshall, a convicted felon, jumped out of his car and led officers on a foot chase as he dropped a large quantity of narcotics, Kubiak said.

Marshall crashed through the front window of a home on the 300 block of North Long Avenue, Kubiak said. When police showed up at the home, they found the man shot in the chest, apparently with a revolver, Kubiak said.

The residents told police they heard glass breaking and saw a man inside their home, Kubiak said. One resident told police he feared for his safety and shot the man, Kubiak said.

Marshall was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where his condition had stabilized. He was expected to survive, officials said.

Marshall, of the 5400 block of West Monroe Street, has been charged with criminal trespass and drug possession, Kubiak said. He also was ticketed for failure to heed a stop sign and for driving on a revoked license.

Marshall's criminal background includes a felony drug conviction in 2009 and a 2007 conviction for felony aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, court records show. He also is a gang member with a lengthy arrest record, police said.

-- Carlos Sadovi
    http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...-after-breaking-into-home-to-flee-police.html

:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom