Good chiropractor?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Pretty sure I have a pinched nerve or something of the like in my upper back, and would like to see a chiro about it. Anyone know of any good ones in the north shore area? I've hears horror stories about chiro's, so I don't want to go to just anyone.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I can promise you that you will be satisfied. He think he is one of two NUCCA doctors in LA. Check out his website for info about NUCCA.

Chris Faler
    Premier Chiropractic
    1120 N Causeway Blvd, Suite 2
    Mandeville, LA 70471
    (985) 674-5855
    http://www.drfaler.com/

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I LOVE going to the chiropractor, in fact after making the mistake and going to a sport therapy doctor after my first wreck to work on my back I went to a chiropractor on my second one and it was a pleasant experience. Regular Therapy MD just want to OD you on pain meds which really doesnt do much for the injury itself. He was able to get my lower back aligned whitin 2 months of the accident.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    I didn't know they existed. If anything go see a D.O. he can do all the voodoo joo joo and he is trained in medicine. However I might have a biased opinion from some poor personal experiences.

http://www.chirobase.org/02Research/journals.html

I specially like this one...http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7783892?dopt=Abstract

lol, most of the osteopathic students I know can't stand the D.O. philosophy. I guess it was a matter of grades for them

That second link is why I only want to see a good one. One that is well known and is known because of his/her work. Too many times have I heard of people going to a chiro for a simple adjustment and come out with a chronic pain that nobody can fix.

I can promise you that you will be satisfied. He think he is one of two NUCCA doctors in LA. Check out his website for info about NUCCA.

Chris Faler
    Premier Chiropractic
    1120 N Causeway Blvd, Suite 2
    Mandeville, LA 70471
    (985) 674-5855
    http://www.drfaler.com/

Thank you, I'll check it out. Good location for me, too.

I LOVE going to the chiropractor, in fact after making the mistake and going to a sport therapy doctor after my first wreck to work on my back I went to a chiropractor on my second one and it was a pleasant experience. Regular Therapy MD just want to OD you on pain meds which really doesnt do much for the injury itself. He was able to get my lower back aligned whitin 2 months of the accident.

Personally. I think Chiropractic is quackery.

I love modern medicine, and while I'm not nearly as educated in it as some of the people on this board, I feel that the human body can be manipulated in ways we can't understand. Or ways that can't be scientifically backed. I have heard great stories and horror stories about all alternative medicine. There are chiropractors that are quacks, but then there are some that I've met who are very knowledgeable and even accept modern medicine practices. Its worth a shot.

and yea, not all but many doctors nowadays want to simply medicate their pts and send them on their way. I see it with my grandmother who has heart disease... her primary care has her on so many damn antidepressants it's ridiculous. I've been prescribed pain meds a few times, but never get them filled.

Mitcheal, come ride over. I'll crack your back. I have some 2x4's and a maul that I think will do the trick :mamoru:

will you wake up if I make the drive? osnp.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    lol, most of the osteopathic students I know can't stand the D.O. philosophy. I guess it was a matter of grades for them

That second link is why I only want to see a good one. One that is well known and is known because of his/her work. Too many times have I heard of people going to a chiro for a simple adjustment and come out with a chronic pain that nobody can fix.

I love modern medicine, and while I'm not nearly as educated in it as some of the people on this board, I feel that the human body can be manipulated in ways we can't understand. Or ways that can't be scientifically backed. I have heard great stories and horror stories about all alternative medicine. There are chiropractors that are quacks, but then there are some that I've met who are very knowledgeable and even accept modern medicine practices. Its worth a shot.

and yea, not all but many doctors nowadays want to simply medicate their pts and send them on their way. I see it with my grandmother who has heart disease... her primary care has her on so many damn antidepressants it's ridiculous. I've been prescribed pain meds a few times, but never get them filled.

I have no problem with D.O.'s because they pass the same exams MD's do to get licensed. I just recently was shadowing one who was an awesome guy and extremely knowledgeable in his field. However, Chiropractors have their own governing bodies etc that are not monitored to the same extent.

Normally medications are used to address symptoms. They don't cure diseases. Alot of these medications are given to relive an issue for the time being until the patient can enact lifestyle changes to address and fix the problem. For example hypertension. You can be on hypertensive meds your entire life or you can loose some weight modify your diet and hopefully get off of the medication. The sad reality is most people don't want to put in the hard work. Some with genetic predisposition etc can't overcome their problems but the majority just don't want to put in the effort.

For the case of an injured back. It is possible that the problem can be resolved with a bunch of twists, cracks, and other ******** but according to the data highly improbable. But if you go to a doctor they can address the issue with meds resolving the pain for the time being. Maybe alleviate some of the inflammation, that can have deleterious effects and allow your body, an incredible machine, to fix itself. I don't see how twisting your back and apply other forces to it that aren't natural can in anyway help your back.

Just my two cents and like I said before worth its weight in binary.

Last edited:

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    Wish I could help with the chiro, haven't seen one in years. I saw one as a teen for scoliosis of the spine, he got me straightened out, was a good experience.

I was having some bad upper back pain a while back went to the Dr she said it was muscle spasms, so I found a masseuse (not the rub and tug kind) that worked it out.

SlidellArms

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Been in Slidell for 12 years
    Hey...i used to work for a Chiro till Katrina named Lyle Schween here in Slidell, and i can tell you from my and Daves personal experience....hes reallllllly good, only problem is getting an appointment.

The numbers 985-641-2222.

Good luck hope you feel better

Kim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom